Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

sound proofing the c a bit as the entire interior is out :)

Hello guys

Im going to sound proof the car especialy boot and doors and im wandering whats the best stuff

Dont really want to use dynamic (i think its spelt that way) as the sheets weight a bit so what other solutions is out there???

there are quite a few to choose , brown bread has been mentioned a bit further down in this section ,demon tweeks some sound proofing felt and sound deadening mat

Apart from the sound deadening materials i would fill the cavities of the C pillar with expandable foam, its light and stops gthe metal vibrating but it can be messy to install.

I plan to do this to my car as the roof lining shakes when the bass is pumping.

Expandable foam does nothing but make a mess.

You can get a proper sound deadening foam, but that filler stuff from b&Q just ain't gonna work, and it'll ruin your car as it's impossible to clean up.

Likewise, roof flashing isn't sound proofing either, and you're a muppet if you use it.

I got a roll of Brown Bread for my doors at £14.99 from http://caraudiosecurity.com/

Its 600mmx800mm sheet and is more like dynamat extreme than dynamat. (Thinner and lighter with an alluminium backing.)

Havent got round to fitting it yet but in all the reviews ive seen its rated above dynamat. 8)

I was talking about the sound deadening foam, IIRC it was made by rockford fosgate and about 20 per can but that was some years ago

try roofing felt from B&Q do cover the entire floor pan. its melted to to your body work, so goes on thin, sets solid and is 15 quid a roll that will probably do more than one car ! :lol:

talk to 89 Rallye on dub force (1989Rallye on here) as he did it to his MKI golf and his rallye to i ithnk

Dynashield is not as good as dynamat, extreme is the best in my opinion but the dynashield is ok for doing corners hard to reach areas ect.

extreme

adj 1: of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity; "extreme cold"; "extreme caution"; "extreme pleasure"; "utmost contempt"; "to the utmost degree"; "in the uttermost distress" [syn: utmost(a), uttermost(a)] 2: far beyond a norm in quantity or amount or degree; to an utmost degree; "an extreme example"; "extreme temperatures"; "extreme danger" 3: beyond a norm in views or actions; "an extreme conservative"; "an extreme liberal"; "extreme views on integration"; "extreme opinions" 4: most distant in any direction; "the extreme edge of town" n 1: the furthest or highest degree of something; "he carried it to extremes" 2: the point located farthest from the middle of something [syn: extreme point, extremum]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Newer version of dynamat, thinner and lighter with an alluminium backing. Supposedly is more effective as well.

Yeah sorry mate dynamat xtreme. On special offer at caraudiodirect at the moment. Ive got this for doing the door skins and rear quarter panels, some flashing tape for the floor pan and less important areas and 10 litres of dynashield for everything else. Hopefully should be quite.