Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

Roof strips online

you mean the roof mouldings each side??

vw £56 each, only a few left in the country, wont be many soon as im buying some... veedubmachine (ebay) £126 pair, dont know if gsf do them??

you mean the roof mouldings each side??

vw £56 each, only a few left in the country, wont be many soon as im buying some... veedubmachine (ebay) £126 pair, dont know if gsf do them??

Yeah the roof mouldings that people sometimes remove and fill with lead. £126 pair... ouch

very expensive, and they wont be for sale long either as VW are definately stop making them soon, they may be geting rid of the last stock now...

Found the set you were on about on ebay, thanks for the link. I'll check with VW to see if they have any left though, you don't have a part number by any chance do you?

nah sorry, i only know they are £56.20 each, and the UK stock is low... i would ring your nearest dealer and they will get them in 2 days, plus will be cheaper

Yeah just ordered some, £56 each inc VAT as you said, and should be delivered tomorrow which is quite good. Reminds me that the stealers aren't always that bad!

VW only stop making parts if people stop buying them. So it's our fault for being cheap skates if VW start obsoleting Corrado parts :wink:

agree its our fault, but theres no point in buying second hand roof strips because they are all bad, people just leave them because £112 for a bit of rubber is ridculous :cuckoo:

they want £73 for a new aerial base and seal :bad-words: i cant justify that, so im trying to find a second hand one. But i try and buy most things from them, but prices for some stuff are plain stupid, if it was a bit cheaper they would get a lot more business but oh well...

I bought a set from VW, those on my car are as good as you are likely to find at the moment but when I need them they'll all be gone.

Agreed the parts prices are expensive, but we all knew that when buying the car, right? Not having a go, but german cars = expensive parts. That's always been the case. Mind you, a dizzy cap for my old Cavalier was £75 though :lol:

Some stuff does end up in VW's "bargain corner" though, such as the genuine VR6 Air con rad I got for £70 recently, and the brand new R32 block (with crank and pistons, assembled) for £600 which I was told about, so it does pay to get friendly with your dealer :D

im not being tight, but most of the VW things i think are a fair price for the age of the car, but exterior parts they seem to like to charge you a fortune for

always worth checking with them 1st, are they being delivered to your house??

No I'm picking them up, quite good service if they do get them in by tomorrow morning though imo. Agree with the exterior parts comment, they're enough to bring any rado owner to tears. Over £100 for a new 90mm chin spoiler for example, or £70 for a foglight :brickwall:

Roof Strips won't be going obselete any time soon as they are still a popular Corrado item due to people having resprays etc. Just because VW uk only have a few doesn't mean they are obselete.