Sign in to follow this  
G60DUBBA

g60- you could call it restoration/?

right, ive had my corrado for nearly to years now. and i have done nothing but spend it on repairs, the only modification ive done is get a straight through system fitted to it.

ive decided im keeping her, i do not wish to see somebody drive a way with my beloved... its just the funds is the only major thing holding me back.

I need to get my handbrake fixed, and i need a new charger fitted to it, i have rust where the windscreen joins the roof.

she basically needs a lot of tlc.

Im going back to uni in sept, so student loan will be rinsed on my car,

Im geting coilovers soon, just wondering how much would a mechanic charge to put them on her? Id like to do it myself, but id rather a professional do it.

the next thing is get the charger put on, cam belt change and a full service done to it.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for a good garage that deals with vw's priced fairly etc.

Im in the North London area.

Kind regards

Can't help you with prices etc, but I'm sure you would be able to do the suspension yourselfe (it should be taken to a shop afterwards to get them aligned anyway, but would guess that would be cheaper then doing the re-fitting yourselfe).

It's realy only loosening a couple of bolts and put in the new coilovers....:)

recon you'll really struggle to keep her at uni mate....been there myself with other cars :pale:

better off getting something cheap to run then go back to the G after you finish

you'll regret not making the most of the uni lifestyle if you spend all your cash on garage bills

if you get a mate to help you to chage the suspention - its "realy easy" i did it all by myself and only had an issue with getting a bolt off the old one so i had to get a mate to help hold a rod while i undid a nut :) you just need a tourqe rench and the correct end bit :) (and a little spanner to undoo the rear side shelves)

recon you'll really struggle to keep her at uni mate....been there myself with other cars :pale:

better off getting something cheap to run then go back to the G after you finish

you'll regret not making the most of the uni lifestyle if you spend all your cash on garage bills

uni lifestyle? lol, i ain't got one, still living at one, my uni isn't too up there with the raving and what not lol

im just going to rinse my maintenance loan on doing her up

Coilovers are seriously easy to do. You'll need a jack, some axle stands, a socket set, some spanners and a half inch breaker bar and associated half inch drive bits. Just don't forget to get it laser aligned at the front when you're done. I'd get the fuel leak sorted first though! I had a fuel leak in mine which was the high pressure feed into the fuel rail - dangerous as the petrol drips onto the hot manifold. Lots of G60s have met their demise this way. The tubing is a VW specific shaped part so make sure you pop along to your local dealer and get the right bit. I did a post years back on this:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... el#p380998