big ben

Big Ben's VRT

Awesome Corrado mate, i'd LOVE a VRT, reading your posts it sounds like so much fun, i bet it sounds amazing too.

it is so much fun, i thought the standard VR6 was fun, this things another level 8)

and there are some vids on youtube that some guys on here put up (thanks the dude and millerman), so you can sort of here what its like

lets just say its going to DG for quite a while for an overhaul 8)

will be looking brand spanking in and out and driving like a dream hopefully :D

took some pics earlier today......

been giving it a good thrashing the last 2 days actually, even clocked it last night three's up :shock: wont be doing that again i dont think, but felt i had to see what i could get top end as you do and we all survived so all good...

the old girl is looking very dirty right now, but i have booked a day off friday to get her ready for edition 38, then its going off to the boys at DG to work their magic so its all go at the min.

Mods since last pics are: new number plate fitted last week and a new sticker which has given me over 20bhp extra :grin: at DG yesterday i had the following done: heatshield fitted to gear linkage, investigated small oil leak (chains), adjusted suspension and wheel alignment, found OS track rod bent :shock:, adjusted throttle idle stop to 13.7% and adjusted the idle damper... plus a good inspection and went on vagcom

Corrado92.pdfgood pic1 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1f3sa61l]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfgood pic2 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1f3sa61l]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfgood pic3 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1f3sa61l]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfgood pic4 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1f3sa61l]

good pic5 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1f3sa61l]

soooo jealous you bought this car :( if my circumstances were different when this car had come up for sale i would have had it straight away :(

see ya at ed38 though.

Car is in good hands with DG Autotech 8) Mines in there at the moment too, but all being well I should get to Edition 38, look forward to seeing your car there.

soooo jealous you bought this car :( if my circumstances were different when this car had come up for sale i would have had it straight away :(

see ya at ed38 though.

yeah its a nice car, needs some tlc and will be perfect... and yeah, come say hello mate!! will be there sat and sun

Car is in good hands with DG Autotech 8) Mines in there at the moment too, but all being well I should get to Edition 38, look forward to seeing your car there.

was looking at your car all day mate, shes a beaut!!!!!!!!!! its made me want to go all the way with mine, take it to the next level... if it can be anywhere near yours i will be happy, it looks brand new!! love the brake shields to, awesome work... and the underneath looks so nice to!! im hoping to have the same work done to mine to make it all good, cant wait :D

and it will be ready for edition mate dont worry, will come say hello, im sure if you show it you will win something

went on a cleaning mission today, spent hours on it :grin:

got a bit carried away, and went for a drive and forgot to get after pics :cuckoo: was a bit too exicted and just wanted to drive the thing... on the drive had a little play with a Audi RS4, and he couldnt get the better of me, but he had a couple mates in the car and i was on my own so i think that helped, but was still happy the old girl held her own :D got some respect and a thumbs up so that made my day (simple things please simple minds as they say :lol: )

so some new cleaning bits i have been picking up this week...

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf01 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:mfk1lzl6]

need to practice some more with the snow lance, didnt use enough solution either i dont think...

02 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:mfk1lzl6]

all this car detailing is pretty new to me, but i am hooked!!! cant wait to get the bodywork perfect now...

was looking at your car all day mate, shes a beaut!!!!!!!!!! its made me want to go all the way with mine, take it to the next level... if it can be anywhere near yours i will be happy, it looks brand new!! love the brake shields to, awesome work... and the underneath looks so nice to!! im hoping to have the same work done to mine to make it all good, cant wait :D

and it will be ready for edition mate dont worry, will come say hello, im sure if you show it you will win something

I had a nosey at those brake shields too while I was at DG- it's that kind of eye for detail that sets the 'Corrado nutters' apart from the 'Corrado enthusiasts' :lol:

Loving the car by the way, I intend to own a VRT one day :luvlove:

cheers mate...

and yeah, im turning into a detailing corrado nutter :lol: got lots of plans!! hows the angel eyes doing??

Great thanks mate. I was never really a fan of the black backed ones but I like the chrome look. It started with me buying the fogs and indis as the hella ones crack so often. Then made sense to match them with the headlights too. So ye, the lights are one of the few things that work on it at the moment... Promise I'll get my thread updated when it's all fixed! Might see you at the RR day next weekend?

been giving it a good thrashing the last 2 days actually, even clocked it last night three's up :shock: wont be doing that again i dont think, but felt i had to see what i could get top end as you do and we all survived so all good...

LOL, was the speed needle resting against the trip counter reset button? :lol:

I've only done that once when it had a Schrick and 268 cams, never again though, instant ban! :wink:

LOL, was the speed needle resting against the trip counter reset button? :lol:

I've only done that once when it had a Schrick and 268 cams, never again though, instant ban! :wink:

yep, couldnt go any further :lol: was going down a hill though at the time.... and yeah, i also defo wont be doing it again, a stone came up and hit the car and it sounded like the turbo fell out :shock: :lol: was a heart in the mouth moment thats for sure, but its the fastest i have ever drove so was happy :grin:

finally got all the badges i needed, thanks to everybody involved in selling me them!!!!

001 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:3tjite4h]

Hi Ben,

Rear badges - naimly the chrome rear boot VW badge, is that discontinued now, or will ones from a mk2 golf fit ? they appear to be overly inflated on ebay due to them being *rare* so was just wondering if a mk2 VW one would fit?

Pete

Cool!

I binned my VR6 ones years ago. Strictly stealth for me :D

VR6 badges on the back is being stealthy :wink: :lol:

Hi Ben,

Rear badges - naimly the chrome rear boot VW badge, is that discontinued now, or will ones from a mk2 golf fit ? they appear to be overly inflated on ebay due to them being *rare* so was just wondering if a mk2 VW one would fit?

Pete

you can get a primed "corrado" badge from VW, but not a chrome looking one like mine. i dont know about the VR6 badge on the back, the front one is not avaliable either. You also cant get the rear "VW" badge from the dealers, not sure if the golf one fits tbh... they might do, but again i doubt VW will have any if they do...

you want one of these 8)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfvrt01.gif[/attachment:1v00olzq]

_DSC3244.jpg[/attachment:1v00olzq]

i have contacted the guy from the states about these, he does the "corrado" badges to... but i changed my mind in the end

very nice mate ,im thinking of turbo ing my daily vr now,. :norty:

i speak for all VRT owners and past owners, you wont regret it :wink:

went to the corrado forum meet yesterday, good to meet everyone etc... i enjoyed the food to :D

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfS5001276 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:7r2pjtt3]

Corrado92.pdfS5001277 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:7r2pjtt3]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfS5001279 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:7r2pjtt3]

was a bloody good day apart from on the way home something came from no where and smashed my windscreen :( i reckon it came from a van about 10 car lengths in front, something like a ladder clip or something... So have to sort out a new screen next week

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfS5001281 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:7r2pjtt3]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfS5001282 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:7r2pjtt3]

S5001283 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:7r2pjtt3]

Woah! That was lucky. It could have nailed some bodywork or gone through the screen. At least this way all you need is a new screen.