big ben

Big Ben's VRT

:lol: anything above 350 mate is just one big blur.... :nuts:

i bet it is, my tracking needs doing so quite a bit of vibration going on, and my mirror vibrates a gooden, so looking in thats just a blur :lol:

what figures is yours running at mate??[/quote:2elq402b]

no idea of power but with 20 psi i assume around the 400hp mark....killed many of a car with allot more hp....just need to get it on rollers to find out :)[/quote:2elq402b]

Lovely car. Aren't turbo's ace...... only problem is trying to stop yourself from using it all the time. Eventually the law will get you, but it is good fun when you do someone. Have seen off a Porsche Carrera 4S and the new Cayman S (that came at a price though stripped 3rd gear :shrug: ). What I like about mine is that it drives just like a normal rad. Need better brakes though as its scary when you try to stop at speed :norty:

yes turbos are nice, very nice on a VR6 anyway :grin:

mine drives like a normal VR to, been taking my mates out in it and they have no idea what a beast it is until i floor it :lol:

been busy over the weekend;

interior changed over, whilst it was out went on a cleaning mission!! other little changes; changed back the alloy aerial to the standard radio controlled car one, ran cables for a sub and amp (not a very big one, just something to improve the sound) and fitted new stereo.

no more biege

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf001 before [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:2fj75njg]

all out

Corrado92.pdf003 during [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:2fj75njg]

floor pan cleaned and shampooed

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf004 after [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:2fj75njg]

cleaning some plastics

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf005 cleanin [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:2fj75njg]

all done, and all electrics work at last :)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf008 inside [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:2fj75njg]

much more room, and more comfortable imo

009 insidy [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:2fj75njg]

glad its all done, easy when you know how!! pretty much done the interior now, few things on the wanted list though which will be in soon

Jesus, you're like a man possessed! You don't hang about! :D

Love the interior randomly scattered about the garden and the wheels look fappin awesome in the 2nd shot :notworthy:

Looking loads better my man. No offense to you or Marcus, but I wasn't feeling the old interior at all tbh.....

also took a few photos after a good thrashing at the weekend, all good fun!!

side view

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf0010 side view.JPG[/attachment:1pn3urp4]

ummmmm big brakes :wink:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf007 brakes [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1pn3urp4]

look how artisitc i am haha

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf006 side [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1pn3urp4]

how the engine bay looked when i got it, dont expect it to stay like this too long :grin:

002 engine [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:1pn3urp4]

loads to do still, needs a trip to the bodyshop to make it perfect...

Jesus, you're like a man possessed! You don't hang about! :D

Love the interior randomly scattered about the garden and the wheels look fappin awesome in the 2nd shot :notworthy:

Looking loads better my man. No offense to you or Marcus, but I wasn't feeling the old interior at all tbh.....

nah im not hanging about :lol: i much prefer the standard black leather and plastics!!

quite a lot going to be happening this year, should be exactly how i want it to look soon, then just tweaking the engine :wink:

its a good job im not mechanical clued up otherwise it would be engine bits under a gazebo :lol:

Mate the brakes on that thing are awesome. Are they 312? Stopping must be instant.

I was reading early on in the thread that you took your car to surrey RR. Might be worth popping it on another dyno to compare the outcome. I bet money on a different RR that your VRT will show over 300bhp.

God I want to Turbo my VR6!!! Shame its an everyday runner. Just wouldnt be practical.

the brakes are actually 323 :grin: and yes they are VERY good, feels so safe even driving stupidly fast!! only danger is getting into my golf gti next day and almost driving into the back of someone :lol:

i think it must be running at least 300bhp, but who knows :shrug: see what the diagnositc says, maybe i will put it on another RR before i start having a little play... Marcus seemed to think it should be between 320 and 340 so if there is something a miss im sure it wont be lnog before its sorted!!

i dont think running a VRT daily would be too bad, just drive off boost for a lot of the journey... Kev does it and im sure he will agree it can be done!! but its nice to have it for weekends, plus if its raining a VRT is not the car you want to be in

Would be a shame to change the colour of those wheels. They do look superb against the colour of the car!

what size tyres and what width wheels are those? seems like quite a bit of stretch on those walls?

lovely wheels though.

Good man. That's just the enthusiasm + love I like to see the car getting. :salute: :clap:

Always good to get your own car looking how you want it. :wink:

i think it must be running at least 300bhp, but who knows :shrug: see what the diagnositc says, maybe i will put it on another RR before i start having a little play... Marcus seemed to think it should be between 320 and 340 so if there is something a miss im sure it wont be lnog before its sorted!!

The surrey RR is known to give low numbers compared to other dynos so I would get another one done, or perhaps 2 more and take the average. Every dyno place claims to be the most accurate mate, but they all use correction software to 'fudge' the crank power figure. So take the numbers with a pinch. Just use it as a guide only. I wish the UK would just use wheel hp like the yanks do!

i dont think running a VRT daily would be too bad, just drive off boost for a lot of the journey... Kev does it and im sure he will agree it can be done!! but its nice to have it for weekends, plus if its raining a VRT is not the car you want to be in

Yeah a daily VRT isn't as bad as it sounds. Is your turbo a water cooled one or oil only? Water cooled turbos can be a nightmare on a VR6s unless you go balls out with the over engineering. I didn't at first and was replacing hoses every other week :bad-words: Still, you live and learn and she's nice and robust now :D

27.7mpg average and starts and idles crisply, never stalls and drives like a standard one, well, BETTER than a standard one :D

Would be a shame to change the colour of those wheels. They do look superb against the colour of the car!

i would of liked to of changed them in some way to make the car my own, but i like them too much now, they look better in the flesh :grin:

what size tyres and what width wheels are those? seems like quite a bit of stretch on those walls?

lovely wheels though.

wheels are 17x8, not sure of tyres, will look for you later!!

Good man. That's just the enthusiasm + love I like to see the car getting. :salute: :clap:

Always good to get your own car looking how you want it. :wink:

thanks mate, i wont let you down :salute:

got a nice little private plate going on her very soon to, so that will make the car mine a bit more. Just little touchs, i was thinking of all red lights and smoothing bits, but im liking the standard lights and orange indicators etc.... everyone seems to change them, but i like them now.... so staying standard as possible, new silver badges on the way to

Stop putting pictures up or I will have to get me some of those wheels.....

oh no haha, more wheels!!! the forum wheel whore :lol: they are nice, fil the arches purrrrfect with the spacers :D

The surrey RR is known to give low numbers compared to other dynos so I would get another one done, or perhaps 2 more and take the average. Every dyno place claims to be the most accurate mate, but they all use correction software to 'fudge' the crank power figure. So take the numbers with a pinch. Just use it as a guide only. I wish the UK would just use wheel hp like the yanks do!

i dont know about you, i dont like seeing my car being thrashed on some rollers :gag:

i will get 1 more done somewhere else before i do anything else under the bonnet though... its not just about the numbers though, drives very nice, much better than my old VR with the ARB and KW's :grin:

Agree with you Ben, Its road performance and driving feel that matter over RR numbers.

Your right about the indicators etc! Less is more with a lot of stuff on the C, thin line between a few personal touches and over modding.

I'll check back every monday to see the results of your weekend efforts :lol: .

Agree with you Ben, Its road performance and driving feel that matter over RR numbers.

Your right about the indicators etc! Less is more with a lot of stuff on the C, thin line between a few personal touches and over modding.

I'll check back every monday to see the results of your weekend efforts :lol: .

i think with modifying corrados, more people have changed things than left them standard tbh, and its the first time i have had standard lights on, so they are modded to me :lol: so im being different and going to be leaving it standard

and yeah check back every monday mate, hopefully you will like what you see :grin:

Ben, glad to see the car has gone to a good home. Marcus looked after that car well. He took me out in it last year and even let me drive it. It gave me the final push I needed to turbo my VR!

Personally, I really like the colour of the wheels and would be in no hurry to change them. I liked the R32 seats as well as they were really supportive in fast corners, but each to his own.

IMO, its the torque of the turbo VR which really matters, not the bhp. Your car may only have made 296 on the rollers recently but what torque figure did you record? That's what matters in real world driving. As I recall, Marcus RR'd the car early last year and saw a higher torque figure than bhp (350lb/ft and 340bhp rings a bell), which was the highest torque figure of the day! That's the beauty of retaining the original inlet manifold.. Enjoy!! :D

thanks, it has gone to a good home!! and yep the torque is great, 5th gear is fun and is going to get me nicked if im not careful :lol:

still looking forward to seeing yours all finished, i think our cars are quite similar in many ways, really like your wheels to :grin:

Awesome Corrado mate, i'd LOVE a VRT, reading your posts it sounds like so much fun, i bet it sounds amazing too.