Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Door defender. Good or Bad idea?

Just thinking of solutions to the problem of people banging their doors into your car while in carparks and found this

http://www.doordefender.com/howtoo.html

What are peoples thoughts?

I don't actually park the corrado many places now as i have the fiat, but when i take it to the local garage it gets parked in a busy carpark with lots of idiots.

i think 90% of the dents on it are from this carpark

i would like to see a version that protected your car, but had big rusty spikes on the side that hits their door :lol:

2 out of the last 3 times I’ve had to confront people in Sainsbury’s car park as I’ve come back to my wife’s car and actually seen people open their cars onto hers without any car whatsoever. It makes my blood boil. All occasions have been middle-aged women too who seem incapable of any kind of remorse. Whenever the C goes to a car park I always park in the quietest part of the car park. Most people are lazy and park as close as they can to the entrance.

Still, the last person to actually dent the Corrado was Alldub Tuning :cuckoo: so I guess it’s never totally safe!

TBH i think it'll just be an excuse for ppl to swing thier doors open without caring... if anything, they will treat it like the buffer that it's supposed to be and eventually they will miss it and get the lovely paintwork instead...

it's just asking for trouble...

besides the point, it looks stupid... your better off just parking a million miles away from anyone and walking! :p

i park beside the shopping trolley hut and park on both side of the lines now so i take 2 spaces. haha

i know it sound selfish but some twat put a fair dent in my last motor so i now go to the extremes to make sure my car is safe. and with my new g60 coming in september i will be even more paranoid.......... think the rusty spikes on the side of the car could work 3corsameal :lol: :lol:

Got an invoice from the people we hire our works delivery vans from last week, £60 fine because one of our drivers parked in 2 spaces when he popped into Tesco for a whizz. Be warned people, they're ba**ards I tells ya.

Got an invoice from the people we hire our works delivery vans from last week, £60 fine because one of our drivers parked in 2 spaces when he popped into Tesco for a whizz. Be warned people, they're ba**ards I tells ya.

your joking, they cant fine you for that, and have they got photo evidence??

edit: i would still rather risk it, been doing it for ages anyway, will have to shop asda more :lol:

yep, photo evidence and all. I didn't think you could enforce parking rules on private land but it appears you can!

jesus mary and joesph, not good luck there...

i park right outside a cash point in my local sainsburys on a double yellow weekly for the last 4-5 years at least... then i park in 2 spaces in all supermarkets in my rado, nothing been said touch wood...

just dug the invoice out, it's a £70 fine, £40 if paid within 28 days. Issued by UKPC (UK parking control Ltd) for using 2 spaces at Tesco, Broadbridge Heath in Horsham. This is the first time I've seen or heard of anything like this so beware if you live in West Sussex.

Unfortunatly I work for a supermarket *cough* Sainsburys *cough* and I made the mistake of parking my car a bit too close to the front of the store and had a chunk of paint along with a small dent on my passangers door for my troubles.

Now I park in the far corner of the car park next to a mate who works the same hours to me, I all ways get their first so I have a wall one side and his scooby the other side. :D

Only got to worry about thos Fing sh!t hawks (aka seagulls) :bad-words:

Unfortunatly I work for a supermarket *cough* Sainsburys *cough* and I made the mistake of parking my car a bit too close to the front of the store and had a chunk of paint along with a small dent on my passangers door for my troubles.

Now I park in the far corner of the car park next to a mate who works the same hours to me, I all ways get their first so I have a wall one side and his scooby the other side. :D

only problem with parking in the corner is someone might smash your window and try and steel stuff, seen it happen a couple of times

only problem with parking in the corner is someone might smash your window and try and steel stuff, seen it happen a couple of times

thats where a G5 alarm system comes in handy! :tongue: