Sign in to follow this  
belfastfumanchu

Which Pick Up?

I am considering buying a 2nd hand pick up truck. I havent looked into it too much yet but I know im not wanting to spend more than £3000.

Whats your opinions. Which makes should I consider and which should I avoid? Reliability is the most important factor to me.

If you want Reliability buy a Toyota Hilux they are indestructible, top gear proved it 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeh gotta be a hilux, i used to use one loads and it never missed a beat despite all the abuse it got

or you could go old skool and get urself a mk2 caddy :D

I've driven a lot of different ones at work (when someone's crashed the defender). The Hilux is good, we had one called an INVINCIBLE which was all chromed and had tinted windows 8)

Also liked the Navara, think it was about 1999. 2.5 TD and really fun to drive. Used to get mad wheel spins in 2WD :nuts: We had that for a few years and didn't give us much trouble.

Drove a very new Mitsi L200 recently but only for a day so not sure about reliability

I considered buying a pickup truck but just bought a second Corrado :lol:

I usually try to have at least one working

Wouldn't that be number 3?

I say go the Hilux too, in Australia there are plenty of pick-ups(utes) and seriously the Hilux always wins hands down, they are indestructable, ridiculously reliable and great to drive.

Is there any pick up's that would give you 35+ mpg ? They all seem fairly heavy on the fuel which is to be expected I suppose.

In addition to reliability, mpg is also a must factor!

Ive had my mazda b2500 TD which i bought new for 6 years and it has been ultra reliable apart from servicing it has had new heater plugs and just put 4 new tyres on which done an incredible 54000 miles on the originals passed every mot without any advisories either and is very comfortable to drive and suprisingly fast too, MPG is about 28 around town and 32 on a run if your carefull. Mazda have been making pick ups since the 70`s and also make the ford ranger (even though Toads doesn`t like them :) ) my brotherinlaw also has the same model and his has been ultra reliable too :D

VW Taro if you can find one. Carbon copy of a Hilux with a Volks badge. :clap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Taro

wow, never seen one of them before!!!![/quote:pz0pdlrf]

There was one for sale at a car dealers near me recently. I saw it and thought "wtf? that looks just like a hilux ripoff"...so I googled it and found out it was.