carpoid

G60 - VR6T? Possible donor car? P4

Now I know why you wanted some engine pictures. :norty: Good on yeh, I think you will love it just a shame you have to break up your G60 to do it. Will you try and sell the engine on and will there be an outlet for it. Another thread to keep looking out for. Good luck with the swap

Now I know why you wanted some engine pictures. :norty: Good on yeh, I think you will love it just a shame you have to break up your G60 to do it. Will you try and sell the engine on and will there be an outlet for it. Another thread to keep looking out for. Good luck with the swap

:norty: Not sure what i'd do with the G60 tbh, either try and sell it or put it in a Mk1 Golf. Won't be till next year though, i want to build the engine up out of the car, get everything ready and then do the swap. :)

"carpoid :norty: Not sure what i'd do with the G60 tbh, either try and sell it or put it in a Mk1 Golf. Won't be till next year though, i want to build the engine up out of the car, get everything ready and then do the swap. :)

Now that would be good a VRT and MK1 G60; yep you have got my vote. Being over there your thread will have to include loads and loads of pics as unless we all travel to Oz its the only way were are going to see it. :( Good Luck with the Build

Sorry for the newbie questions here, i havn't really looked at VR6 engines closely before, let alone ones with Turbos :help: But i have to ask, where is the MAF located on a VR6 Turbo? Inbetween the Air Filter and Turbo? With the BOV, are yours re-circulating Kev and Shaun? I was looking at a Skyline engine earlier today (my second year apprentice has one!) and noticed his BOV is fairly close to the inlet manifold, with your set-ups with the Air to Water IC, would it be too close to the throttle body if the BOV was there? Looks like there is no room for it and i was reading that its best to keep it as far away from the TB as possible, Is it still healthy for the air to surge back through the IC before reaching the BOV? :scratch: I'm guessing it must be good to do what you've done or it wouldn't work so well :) Just like to know how it all works.

Did we already cover the MAF / MAP stuff, or am I going mad? :cuckoo: :lol:

MAF goes between the filter and turbo and mount the filter/MAF as close to the headlight as possible to avoid too much turbulence from the compressor blade mucking up the MAF signal, although personally, I would bin the Bosch MAF and use something more suitable for the job, such as this - http://www.promracing.com/mass-air-meters-c-2/pro80-p-5

With the BOV, yes normally you would mount it as close to the throttle as possible, but our chargecoolers have virtually nil boost drop, so BOV response is just as quick, but the overall goal is indeed to prevent blocked boost (closed throttle) from bouncing back to the compressor.

You're not going mad mate, i asked in the FIVR6 thread, you're not using an MAF are you? A MAP instead?

Cheers for the info though, you seem very clued up on all this VRT stuff, awesome to have you on here 8)

Any ideas on using a Passat as a donor? Cheers :)

You're not going mad mate, i asked in the FIVR6 thread, you're not using an MAF are you? A MAP instead?

Cheers for the info though, you seem very clued up on all this VRT stuff, awesome to have you on here 8)

Actually just starting to plan something like this myself and was wondering about donor vehicles for engine and subframe but wouldn't go wide track due to having to go 5 stud etc. Err or is that not the case.

Yeah a Bosch 4 bar combined MAP / Air temp sensor right in the middle of the intake manifold, for a truer, faster responding picture of what pressure and temp the cylinders are receiving :D

I should be really after 3 years of d1cking about with VR turbos, but thanks :D

Engine wise, yep, no problem. Subframe wise, I'm not 100% sure as I've never examined the differences between Corrado, P1ssrat and Golf subframes. In terms of track, I understand they are all share the same "plus axle" width , but the Corrado has a shorter steering rack due to it's shallower wheel arch clearance, or so I believe. Tie rods are all the same length though. There are other minor differences such as vibration weights (big lump of metal bolted to the s/frame near the rack) etc, but the Corrado never got that. I'd say the rat's setup will work fine, but get confirmation on the Rado steering rack situation though.

you do not need any of that nonsense. You're in Australia, the home of Motec Seriously, you could not be in a better country for forced induction expertise and quality parts. Get all the hardware from Schimmel, use Speedflow fittings and get a Motec mapped locally and it will kick arse!!

'kin ell, aalina is my double!! :D

Boost Monkey, has the Google taken your fingers? You know exactly who Motec are from our ramblings on the oddunit.... they are purveyors of the finest quality data logging and engine management hardware :D As the man says, Australia and modifying are like Strawbs and creme.... them there Noooo Zeeelandas are a dab hand at it too.