Sign in to follow this  
CIPO

R32 test drive

I would of thought with that much torque at 2800rpm would make it quicker in the real world of every day driving than the vr.

kev, you're chasing my replies around the forum mate... ;)

g-master yeah you're probably right. I've not driven one. (It is, after all, a Golf.) It's not on my possibles list... Even if I was minted.

kev, you're chasing my replies around the forum mate... ;)

g-master yeah you're probably right. I've not driven one. (It is, after all, a Golf.) It's not on my possibles list... Even if I was minted.

:lol: My bird has blown me out tonight, so I've nothing better to do :oops:

I'd love to but I've drunk too much already and it's a good couple of hours away! My Uncle lives in Reading......haven't seen him for years!

I was followed onto a dual carriageway by a black Mk4 Golf recently, he had been sitting a bit close behind, so I floored it, the Golf stayed more or less where it was until I hit 70, at which point I eased off and watched him go past - shiny new R32 rather than the GTi I thought it was at first... No idea if he was pushing it, but it certainly wasn't any slower than the Corrado.

Hoping to test drive an R32 later this year, would probably be my ideal replacement for the VR if I could afford it...

Jamie

'93 Aqua blue VR6

Dont know about you guys, but i find people with MK4 golfs have a complex of some sort. Every time they see a Corrado on the road, no matter where they are, or what type of road it is, they HAVE to floor it and show you how quick their car is (isnt!). When i say MK4, im refering mainly to any of the following: V5, 4-motion, GTI, GTI - I, Tdi, GT-Tdi, R32, and any other with after market 1million inch alloys driven by a young dorky looking (almost looks too young to be driving) male.

Impreza drivers are another of the same breed..

(Sorry if I have offended any sane Mk4 golf drivers / owners in here. just had to get it off my chest)

It's probably because the Corrado is racey and sleak looking compared to their bland MK4, so if they can't beat you on looks, they try and beat you with speed instead! I suspect many of the current breed of MK4 GTI owners came from MK2s and MK3s so know the marque. A lot of GTI Ts have been chipped as some of them are a lot quicker than they should be.

The diesel people just like proving they have lots of torque but run out of revs trying to keep up.

It's probably a new versus old thing aswell.

K

Nice car but it's still a golf underneath and not as exclusive as theVR.

Dont know about you guys, but i find people with VR6 Corrados have a complex of some sort....

R32's are trick cars and id have one in a shot. readin about one it seems that the gear ratios are spaced exactly like the G60 is, ie change from second before 60 etc...

and all of the ones i see up here are either women drivers or old people. no scope for a wee race there either... :(

Dont know about you guys, but i find people with VR6 Corrados have a complex of some sort....

Well that insinuates over a third of the forum members have a complex then.....

And then you go and insinuate females and old people don't deserve an R32.....you'll never make parliament :lol:

Del vr6 ! I have both a golf mk4 which is a gt -tdi and a corrado g60 :p so what are you saying about me :?: when i see a corrado on the road i don.t floor the golf, im to busy looking at the c and given it repesct. from your rant about mk4 golfs i take it one has upset you :cry: At the end of the day the golf is a good car i use my every day and is great but its not a corrado. The corrado is in a class of its own and i love it :wink: