Sign in to follow this  
timmaaah

New Mercedes SLS AMG - Simply Stunning

I'd rather be sick on my own face than drive something that ugly.

Sorry.

Hey hey, don't be sorry - each to their own - if we all liked the same thing, life would suck :)

Which don't you like, first pics or second? (If it's the second pics, I will hunt you down and make donkeys do baaad things to you :shock: :shock: (but you'd probably enjoy that :lol: :lol: )).

I think it's awesome. A great nod to the original, but bought right up to date. Mercedes Benz really know how to make some awesome cars.

You really don't like the 300SL Toad? bloody luddite :? :(

/Dobbin, time for nastiness - just think of England, and I'll have some carrot mouthwash ready at the end :lol: )/

Direct Inje..................no, not going to fall for that :D :D

Yes, apparantly the first direct FUEL injection engine placed in a road car according to WIKI, so actually, probably the seventh or one hundred and sixty fouth :( :( :?

160 mph aint slow tho, is it? But who cares - look at the lines - looks fast even at full stop :D

I hate to say this but that is absolutely horrid :nono:

They shouldn't bother making a new one, the old one is magical and special enough....imho but again each to their own :)

I think its a love/hate car. I personally love it and those 63 engines are just immense. Uncle has an E63 and the noise is just off the charts! :luvlove:

I think its a love/hate car. I personally love it and those 63 engines are just immense. Uncle has an E63 and the noise is just off the charts! :luvlove:

I completely agree. That 6.3 engine should go down in history as one of the great, great engines in my view. I've driven an E63 and am currently only separated from owning one by the small matter of the £70k odd that Mercedes unreasonably demand for one :)

But the SLS? What were they thinking? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? It really is a proper minger in my view. In fact it makes the SLR look decidedly smart in comparison. I think a genuine 300SLR would be a much better investment... as would an E63 which at least doesn't look like something my 9yr old nephew made out of lego, will be at least as quick, accepts 4 adults + luggage in complete comfort, and you won't have everyone pointing at you mouthing 'look at that cu47' when you drive it in the town centre.

Not for me. Even with that wonderful engine. Yuk.

they seem quite hesitant to show the rear off, which is understandable :pukeright:

but I really like the front end & the side profile. As said its very much a Marmite mobile...

If there wasnt the original 300 I would probably have been sick however I think its a great modern take on the original so Im in the minority, I like it. It does actually look relatively small. I bet if you saw it in the metal it would look great.