Sign in to follow this  
mariojoshi

Has anyone received their EBAY "audioscape" £120 pods yet?

Hey guys and gals..

Just wanted to ask really - Although the guy selling them is the guy listed on the audioscape website, something just seems a bit off about it all. Not sure why.

Mine were meant to turn up on the 5h and then the 9th, but to no avail. Apparently he's looking into it....

I guess I'm trying to ease my mind that some of you have already bought them and recieved them.

I also commented in another thread about looking at potential quality differences between the older and newer versions due to the apparent sale of the company - any comments so far?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-corrado-Audioscape-Door-build-SUMMER-SALE_W0QQitemZ250496864530QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a52c6d112&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I bought some off ebay 2 xmas' ago from the audioscape guys and they turned up fine. Did he also email you to ask if it was early or late you wanted?

Mine weren't 120 quid tho! :(

If it's definitely coming from Audioscape, then they should be coming - they've got a pretty good reputation!

Yeah, they seem to be!

I checked the chap's name on the site with his details etc - all sounds Kosher. You know when you just have a weird feeling about something?

What I'd really like to do is post back and say "all sorted - fantastic product" or see someone else do the same!

Thanks for moving VR6.

They have arrived and look good - I'm yet to compare to my mate's older Audioscape ones however.

Will post here once I have.

HE DID send them when he said he did, however - postmark to prove.

If it's definitely coming from Audioscape, then they should be coming - they've got a pretty good reputation!

They're not Audioscape made. They sold the moulds on to someone else ages ago. Audioscape no longer do ICE products or builds :(

i got some of the 150 quid ebay jobs a few months ago and I´d be telling fibs if I said I was overly impressed with the build quality, not too great imo

They're not Audioscape made. They sold the moulds on to someone else ages ago. Audioscape no longer do ICE products or builds :(

Whats so audio about them nowadays then? :scratch:

Well, I've had a chat with a mate of mine who has some pods that are about 4 years old - they sound identical from verbal description - even down to the relatively home brew finishing.... Will know more on the weekend.

The Audioscape name / brand was sold off with all the pod moulds etc and they are now being produced by some bloke in his bedroom - from what I have heard the quality is not up to what James used to produce but then they are 60% of the price.

Just glad I bought mine in one of the original £150 group buys but interested to see what these are like... I remember James telling me he's never do a GB again with a price point that low as it simply wasn't worth his time doing them even in bulk but then he most probably had more overheads than the new bloke.

Stick some pics up when you get a chance!

me too , but i found my fronts are ripped now the speakers are fooked :epicfail: , i found some rubber mounts to put the new ones on should stop it next time