Sign in to follow this  
smc240270

I'm going to TORCH it !

I know old cars have their "moments " ...... last night my Corrado was pushing it's luck ....

Starts to rain on the way home, on with the wipers, always been a little juddery occasionally, but this time they are breakdancing across the screen ' better have a look at that ' I think. Then they stop, and will only "work" on intermittent, in a downpour ... Then the stereo blinks off along with the clock etc 'fuse!' I think. Next I start getting a bit of splash down from the sunroof 'another thing to fix' pops into my head. Temper is ignited a little, but you know, it is an old car. Parked up and got out, forgetting that the passenger door has failed, I manage to yank the entire handle off ( I do have the repair kit x 2 !! ) at which point Claydon is regaled with my bellowing at "German piece of f :censored: sh :censored: " and I march inside, cursing and muttering. Almost got to the point of buying a Mercedes CLK, and then just thought "Calm down Dear". Looked at the wiper mech this morning and it's a little loose, so tightened bits up. replaced the stereo fuse, and on looking at the drain holes for the 'roof, they are a little blocked, so blew some air through ( low pressure ) and now all drains well. I might even fit the headlamp loom and the new bulbs I've got sat at home. That then just leaves the speed spoiler. I love the car again. :clap:

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :censored: :bad-words: :grin: .....emotions of a corrado owner in one sentance.......

Know the feeling mate.

LOL ... and there's me thinking about a VR6 or a G60 ...... would they be more / less trouble ??

:shrug:

.....a very tricky question matey.....I think alot of people forget the newest Corrados now are at least 14 Years old, so your always gonna have to spend a certain amount of cash on a 'performance' car of this age, irrespective of the model or its condition !!

I've only ever had a VR so I cannot comment on camparison of other models.

:lol: we have all been there dude mine was also in the rain when it conked out on the drive, went to pop the bonnet and the cable snapped! :censored: I may have lost it slightly in fact I threw my keys down the road and kicked my wheely bin over... Had to go say sorry to my neighbour with the young children :nono: and then spent 20mins trying to find my keys in the rain.

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :censored: :bad-words: :grin: .....emotions of a corrado owner in one sentance.......

Know the feeling mate.

absolutely brilliant!!!!!!

thats put the sunshine into my sh**e day, thanks

Know the feeling mate.

absolutely brilliant!!!!!!

thats put the sunshine into my sh**e day, thanks

:salute:

hahaha ledgend im prity sure i herd that load of german sh :censored: from stowmarket mate haha! :lol:

Take it with a pinch of salt, its like a child, they do it for attention dont rise to it and it will realise that it wont get any attention from completly rouining your day and wont do it again :lol:

Just been out in a Girl from works' R32 ... it's a gr8 car .... dull as :censored: to look at though. Carol ( my pet name when I like it ) has been behaving, and i may treat the money guzzling hoe to an oil cooler ..... Might sort out the spoiler first !!

Carol will soon reek of petrol ..... Garage just rang to say they have changed the external fuel pump, but have had to do a lot of uel line as well as there appeared to be nylon string running all the way along the pipe ( inside ?? ) and also the ignition switch has just died. Which actually means the ham-fisted little zitt factory has just kept twisting the key backwards and forwards without turning off the alarm .... Of course dropping it off at the requested 8am time didn't mean they started on it then, oh no, that start was actually 4pm .... GRRRR ..... So I am getting the bus home ...... :censored: :censored: :censored:

That low mileage CLK Merc is starting to look incredibly tempting .....

:cuckoo: Noooo Si, don't turn to the dark side! Merc's.

Look on the bright side, you've got a lovely new interior to enjoy!

Hope things get better mate.

All done ... it was the spotty little 'tard not disarming the alarm .... So back in her today, still loving it, depsite the £ 80.00 bill and i supplied the pump and casing .... LA LA LA.

And the Merc can wait ... till I am at least 40 .... which is soon .... & I'll get a pipe and some slippers,a thermos and an emergency knee blanket for the boot ! ( I want a 430 CLK ... as rare as a pearl grey G60 with heated leather ..... )