Sign in to follow this  
mouse gti

where are all the cheap corrados at?

been looking for a cheap corrado to use as a project but there really doesn't seem to be much choice. looking for a valver with no T&T, with good engine and a good shell (rest of the body work or running gear doesn't bother me as its gonna be a long term project that i don't mind putting money in to) but there really seems to be naff all under the 500 pound mark (i'm pretty tight and refuse to pay too much for a car with no T&T lol). found some thing that looked pretty much perfect for what i wanted on auto trader (black 1.8 for 300) but the phone number in the add doesn't work!

is it the case that under about 4-500 its more financially viable to break a corrado? or am i just looking in the wrong places? not seen any dirt cheap ones on here and nearly all the ones on edition are either vr6 or g60's or better condition 16v's than i'm after.

If you'd asked a month or two ago you could of had my satin valver. thats got no Tax or MOT...Its now my project, Im sure there are loads try ebay

does it have to be a 16v and does it have to have engine and box and interior

suppose it depends on how much it was as i'd have to source the other parts at extra cost, it not having an engine isn't a massive issue as i was planning on fitting an ABF lump any way, i just thought that if i started with a car that was already a 16v it would be a more straight forward swap?

Kempy, i've been checking on ebay every day for the last couple of weeks but until my scirocco goes on the 24 i have no where to put another car or i would of had a cheeky bid on the 300 pound G60 that's ending in a couple of hours. but even most of the rados on there with no T&T seem to expecting 500+ for them which seems quite a lot for a 16v with no T&T, or is this the going rate for them?

All the cheap tat has been bought and broken I'd imagine. Don't forget they didn't make THAT many Corrado's - certainly nowhere near the amount of Scirocco's and Golfs that were made!