Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Forza 3 Discussion Thread

It looks really nice a great improvement on FM2, great to see damage modelled on all the cars and with the ability to roll the cars adds the proper level of realism too. WIll have to see how all the new elements come together but I like the idea of shops for both painters and tuners.

As for the FM3 vs GT5 type stuff, they both look similar in terms of detail and GFX, GT5 boosts 950 cars compared to FM3s 400, although crash damage is only set to work on around 150 cars (not confirmed yet). Track wise FM3 comes tops with 100 variations compared to GT5s 90 (although you do get the Top Gear track on GT5). No Porsches in GT5 but aside from that there don't appear to be any cars unique to either game. What is interesting is the multiplayer stuff, it's hard to believe that this is the first time the GT series will have an online option although it does provide for 16 people compared to FM3s 8.

Got a limited edition on pre-order (extra cars and few other bits) it's due for release 23rd October, which is now before GT5 - due around Christmas maybe...

Great video of the level of detail going into the car modelling, it's the Veyron so well worth a look

forza is made by yanks.. what do they know about motorsport :lol: GT5 wins everytime :grin:

forza is made by yanks.. what do they know about motorsport :lol: GT5 wins everytime :grin:

I had though my above post about the differences between the 2 was balanced and highlighted the advantages of one over the other :)

I was just fishing for a bite tbh, I just like arguing with xbox owners :D im not serious

gt5 is out march 2010 :mad2:

Im getting the PSP one on friday, its got 800 cars on there

Does the PSP version have the Corrado and will GT5 have the Corrado?

dunno would be nice though

edit: no :mad2: list full list

http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/news/g ... 010638.php

Beetle 1100 Standard ('49)

Bora V6 4MOTION ('01)

Golf I GTi ('76)

Golf IV GTi ('01)

Golf IV R32 ('03)

Golf V GTi ('05)

Karmann Ghia 1500 ('68)

Lupo 1.4 ('02)

Lupo Cup Car ('00)

Lupo GTi ('01)

Lupo GTi Cup Car ('03)

New Beetle 2.0 ('00)

New Beetle RSi ('00)

New Beetle Cup Car ('00)

Polo GTi ('01)

W12 Nardo Concept ('01)

WOW this game looks seriously good! I feel its gone more the way of GT5 though in terms of the feel of the cars, the surroundings etc, definately has a GT5 feel to it. The missus wont be happy, with this and COD being release in quick succession she's going to find her time with me limited!

There is a personal problem for me with this game coming out, its going to make me want a DC5 again. GT4 and Forza2 both left me in love with DC5's

Does the PSP version have the Corrado and will GT5 have the Corrado?

dunno would be nice though

edit: no :mad2: list full list

http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/news/g ... 010638.php

Beetle 1100 Standard ('49)

Bora V6 4MOTION ('01)

Golf I GTi ('76)

Golf IV GTi ('01)

Golf IV R32 ('03)

Golf V GTi ('05)

Karmann Ghia 1500 ('68)

Lupo 1.4 ('02)

Lupo Cup Car ('00)

Lupo GTi ('01)

Lupo GTi Cup Car ('03)

New Beetle 2.0 ('00)

New Beetle RSi ('00)

New Beetle Cup Car ('00)

Polo GTi ('01)

W12 Nardo Concept ('01)

No VR6's, and 4 Lupo's?? Were they drunk when they thought of the VW cars?

mk1 sounds good. theyve not had one before. but the delay again is unbelievable

Indeed, especially when they say its ready and just needs polish.

I would expect it out by Chrimbo though TBH.

Mates got a PS3 and I have an Xbox so will get to test drive both...

Although they have added a clutched gear change to FM3, just to make it harder, I am also loving the way the tyres are modelled, you get sidewall deflection and compression under loading :D

it would be the only reason why I'd buy an xbox, cant buy one for one game

It was the main reason that I bought my Xbox.

Modding/respraying/tuning is a lot cheaper on Forza then it has been on my Storm. Now I can do it all again on FM3 and even have better graphic, physics and racing AI. Can't wait!!! :D

I'd have to buy one and not tell nobody, cause Ive said alot that I love my PS3 :norty:

Ha ha, fair enough but I don't know what the big competition between different consol owners are. I know a number of ppl who have an xbox, ps3 and Wii. I can remember it with the Atari and Amiga and I had both and still do, together with Commondor 16, 64 and 128, Vic 20, ZX spectrum, +2 and +3 etc, etc. If anyone have any old micros and consol junk to donate I can provide them with a good home :grin:

well the reviewer said that forza 2 was a bit dissappointing and this is far superior. i loved forza 2 and thought it was the best racing game i had ever played, so i cant wait to play this if its that much better! good job ive pre ordered it!! :clap: