Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Forza 3 Discussion Thread

Spent a few hours racing around with Yandards though the lag was unbelievable.. think the Xbox Live servers must be taking a bit of a beating!

rado's on there look wicked, can you 'slam' them ala need for speed?

The 'tuning' options are crazy:

Ride height, camber, caster, toe. Brake bias and force, uprated brakes, weight loss (it even takes the passenger seat out) tyre type, size (front and rear) rim diameter, roll cage, anti roll bars front and rear (adjustable of course) driveline swaps or engine swaps (all motion, R32 or R36) aspiration conversion(turbo, screw charger, centrigual charger and twin turbo),camshafts, bore upgrades, pistons, valves, heads, ignition, fueling, exhausts, air filter, oil cooling, intercoolers, furthur tweaks to any turbos you may have fitted (3 different types of twin turbo), flywheel, clutch, gearbox, diff, driveshafts, bumpers, side skirts, front and rear wings. Most of the above options have 3 levels of tune (factory, street or race) giving a mental number of options. You can tweak aero, diff splits, spring force, damper bump and rebound, all the gear ratios inc final drive, tyre pressures and more but I have forgotten.

Couple of pics of a VX220 getting air:

I'm still thrashing a Yaris :D

Level 23, had a run out in a Ford GT last night, it's very nice, I think the cars are a lot better behaved than in FM2 but at the same time all the responses to throttle, brakes, steering input, effect of ride height and gear selection are all more noticable in terms of feeling 'right'.

Heres a pic of an Abarth 500:

I was joking with Yan about how inaccurate the Corrado was.. I was able to do handbrake turns! The Corrado handbrake is so feeble you can barely engage it, let alone whack it on enough to do handbrake turns!! :)

That looks schweeett! 8)

The interior looks really good too..... do the heater controls work? :lol:

Yes if you mean by 'heater controls' my central heating and air con (the buttons are there) opening a window.. :)

The amount of detail is crazy, you can read the MFA and cruise control on the stalks, the additional oil and volts gauge is in there too. You can even see the grill and air vents on the front of the dash for the windscreen demist, the stiching in the leather for the seats. Unlike the MK 2 Golf there is no ignition key though, must have been hotwired! The only other faults I can see is the passenger side window switch is a dual control one (all cars were 50% modelled and replicated) and there is no hazard triangle on the top of the centre armrest but that really is it. Even the bumper metal work looks right when you loose the plastic bits!

No detail on tyres as they are slicks but you can still see the modeling marks on the sidewall.

the clutch function is certainly different. quick tricky to master though

the clutch function is certainly different. quick tricky to master though

I am hoping it will be better with a set of pedals, should feel more natural that way.

Shot of an old Fiat 121 Abarth just could this looks nice...

:clap: I went to Sainsburys at lunch, they have a special deal, Xbox 360 Elite, with Forza 3, Fifa 2010, Lego Batman and some buggy racing game for £199!!!!!!! Guess what I now have in the boot of my car :D

Can't wait to get home and have a blast in a VR :grin:

I can't believe that at almost 28 years old I'm having to call my Mum to ask her to go get an XBox for me at Sainsbury's! Why don't the German's have Sainsbury's!!! ALDI doesn't have any bastard XBox's!

Those are some sweet pics!

How do you get the screen shots off the xbox? I want to show off my Rado! Ive spent about 2 hours last night just trying to flip it to get cool screen shots! :lol:

Where was that from?

I see Game are doing that bundle online but not sure about in store though.

Apparently Sainsburys have a very good deal on in store at the moment but not sure how much of a local offer it is though.

Its nationwide offer apparently, been told it was in the Sun newspaper. Went and bought it from Sainsbury in Harrogate, well chuffed!

I'll be on forza tonight, had my girlfriend round last night so was lego batman all night!

How do you get the screen shots off the xbox? I want to show off my Rado! Ive spent about 2 hours last night just trying to flip it to get cool screen shots! :lol:

What did you use for the screen capture?

Going to be adding a few of the folks in here to the friends list.

Oh and buy my stuff in the storefront :D

upload the pictures to your storefornt, then goto the forza 3 website and login with your XBL details, everything is available to download from there. HTH.

yeah, if anyone wants another forza player to race against (and beat probably) add me: rsiBadMeatPies

What did you use for the screen capture?

Going to be adding a few of the folks in here to the friends list.

Oh and buy my stuff in the storefront :D

upload the pictures to your storefornt, then goto the forza 3 website and login with your XBL details, everything is available to download from there. HTH.

yeah, if anyone wants another forza player to race against (and beat probably) add me: rsiBadMeatPies

oh... i dont have xbox live anymore... :cry:

My GF just sent me a picture of what shes been doing on FM3 while im at work with all my hard earned credits!!!

DSC00156.JPG[/attachment:2awzzh76]

I was saving up for a Veron!! :bad-words:

i may have to break up with her...

I was saving up for a Veron!! :bad-words:

i may have to break up with her...

Don't bother saving, you get one at level 30 as a gift..

I do notice that you get alot of cars as gifts. Pretty decent cars aswell. Nice to know there is a veyron coming up!

Where was that from?

I see Game are doing that bundle online but not sure about in store though.

Apparently Sainsburys have a very good deal on in store at the moment but not sure how much of a local offer it is though.

HMV dude.