Sign in to follow this  
robrado974

original or not

would realy value opinions. as said in other topic me vr is now of the road n in bits for respray ,engine n bay clean yada yada. i know the decision rests with me but i keep thinkin do i take the car back to how it was in 92? .would still keep it lowered but might put original grill back on and lights [instead of angeleyes].will be colour codin door handles n black surround that number plate sits on also takin off door strips .i am a fan of subtle mods .when i was at dubs at the beach [devon] chris who i know is on this forum brought his original vr ,it looked sweeeeet 8) so come on peeps opinions please :salute:

I think the Corrado is a car that needs to be driven lots and driven hard. Restore the car to 'original' if you like but it won't do much for the residual value if that's what you're thinking.

I personally like cars that keep things simple. Either have performance mods you can't see, or follow the "less is more" philosophy, and debadge it, remove the side strips etc. Swap the mirrors for some Mazda MX5 jobbies - do subtle things that aren't immediate. There are a lot of people who really appreciate those kinds of touches as opposed to the 'explosion in Halfords' approach :)

look at various gallery threads, OSV and Zak for example have perhaps the ultimate OEM+ motors, although Zak cant make his mind up on rims for more than about 5 minutes :D