Sign in to follow this  
V33DUB

Dream Engine In Your Corrado?

Hi Guys,

With quite a few build threads I've read having engine transplants, I was wondering what would be your dream engine to 'plonk' (technical me!) into your Corrado... money, time and skill aside?

I've always loved the rallys and the Audi Quattro S1 so would love to put one of them in along with with 4WD. They sound eeeeeevil as well!

W12 quad turbo, mid mounted obviously. :D If were talking under the bonnet then I guess I'll just have buy a bigger shoe horn.

Id be happy with a v8 of some sort, a small one probably if its going up front. If we're talking mid engined dreams then it has to be a 6.2 amg v8.

A 8 cylinder version of a subaru sti engine!!!!!! Yes I did just make that up in my head.

One that currently exsist would be a W12 engine

Isnt this thread supposed to be all about listing your realistic aims and goals :scratch: :lol:

With quite a few build threads I've read having engine transplants, I was wondering what would be your dream engine to 'plonk' (technical me!) into your Corrado... money, time and skill aside?

:lol:

Isnt this thread supposed to be all about listing your realistic aims and goals

the word dream in the title explains all.

Rolls Royce Olympus

Amen to that!! :lol:

What ever happened to that corrado that was geting a 4.2 audi v8 fitted under the bonnet? that and rwd would make a v interesting lil car 8)

brilliant but unlikely dream - wankel rotary engine

great and possible dream - mid mounted twin turbo v6/ v8

bad dream - steam engine

* edit....hmmm forum software obviously thinks i've written rude four letter word, try again 'w a n k el'

Rolls Royce Olympus

With the reheat I trust? 8) As near as you'd get to FI on it!!

If we're being a bit silly howabout whatever drives the TARDIS!!! :norty:

That'll get you places in a ridiculus time-frame!! :clap:

dont have a dream engine as such but would like a vr running throttle bodies imagine the noise :camp:

merlin for me with 6 pipes poking just out of the wings haha. a bloke got the n/a version in an sdi im sure i could get it in a corrado. may be a back seat driver tho but what a sound hehe

merlin for me with 6 pipes poking just out of the wings haha. a bloke got the n/a version in an sdi im sure i could get it in a corrado. may be a back seat driver tho but what a sound hehe

i saw a build proto ages ago in a custom mag, did he finish it?

I've always fancied a working version of the Ford based supercharged engine out of Mad Max's interceptor (from Mad Max 2: Road Warrior) in a Corrado... :D :cuckoo:

Of course, you'd have to make it RWD and really mess about with the 'rado to make it any good, but how evil would that look? :grin: :norty: :lol:

i saw a build proto ages ago in a custom mag, did he finish it?

yep all on the road and legal hehe this vid doesnt do it justice you should look into it its incredible think it owes him about 10k from start to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDnSYRnj9Ic

the mag is ppc he is in it almost every month.

Paul