Sign in to follow this  
EskimoFriend

Does anyone else get this excited?!

Just got my car back from the garage (new fuel pump, filter, pipes and accumulator, suspension arm, wiper blades and one passed MOT :D ) and after being bereft of my beloved for just a week I was beside myself with excitement when I got it back!! Seriously, like a kid at Christmas!

The best bit is when you put your hoof down and find yourself grinning like a mentalist :lol:

Anyone else get like this?!

mines been of the road for a month and its doing my head in :( hopefully be back on the road within the next month but we will see

Yes me, try 3 months out of a VR6 and replace it with an embarrassment to the road powered by a poxie 1.6 engine. :( :( :(

Only had the pleasure to drive my C roughly 1000 km - the distance from where I picked it up and back home.

After that I stuck it in a garage, and when summer came tear it apart to do a small "overhaul".....it's still sitting on beems and won't be on the road until the summer again (it's only gona be driven during summer, due to all the road salt shit they use up here).

Still get excited everytime I go and work on it, so reeeeeaaaly looking forward to march/april.

Good thing for me is that the Passat I use daily also is fitted with VR6.....:)

My rado has been siting for 4months now, its hard to get ahold of cheap parts and could aford the repairs of my engine when im a Student...

Im looking forward to this winter, now I will get some money and perhaps get a move on with the timing chain and other bits!

The first time i drove my Corrado home was a real joy! You could see my smile from miles away!

After that I literally lived in it.

And now I only see it on my driveway, sad and alone :cry:

Don't even get me started on this. All I want is my car back. Just about every pound I'm earning and every spare minute I have is being invested in getting it back on the road. I am well excited though. I'll have a G60 with completely rebuilt suspension and a completely rebuilt engine all with genuine VW parts. Come to think of it excited isn't even the word! :D

Tell me about it!!!! Got one off the road for MOT prep and the other one in bits awaiting a project. Test drove 'Roxy' (yes I am a sad git that names my cars) today but couldn't push her as she's bedding in new brakes. I must of looked like a right wally driving around with this gigantic smile. Tried my best to find some of the local Golf GTI's that usually cruise about just to let them know that she was back on the road but couldn't find one! Oh well, they can keep the round abouts and dual carriageways for a few days more until Roxy is fully back then they'll be relegated to the McDonald's car parks again... Sorry lads, love ya really honest... just annoys me how you park up with Corsa's and Saxo's thinking it's cool... you'll learn. :wave: