Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Lindsay Porter Manuals

Hi everyone!

I work in Halfords part time and noticed today we have a special offer on the above manuals. You know the ones! I don't know if it is every Halfords store cause Roddy checked one in Aberdeen and they had none. In an attempt to get rid of the remainder of the manuals, they have been reduced from £19.99 to £1.99! That is NO typo. I suggest anyone who is interested gets down to their local Halfords and checks it out, even if it just helps you with one repair, it has paid for itself. If you can't get a hold of one, let me know, I may be able to buy a big wad of them and post them to you (£1.99 + delivery). Don't know the cost of delivery but it might still be worthwhile if I can send alot to a particular area etc. Well, let me know how you get on and if anyone is interested. Cheers,

Grim

well the Halfords in Torry didn't have any........dunno about the Kittybrewster one......but imagine it would be the same as Torry :wink:

none in either of my local Halfords :(

If your still up for buying a bunch of them I'll take one at that price, plus whatever you want on top ;)

Thera

Another good halfords deal just before xmas was the ratchet spanner sets for £25, I take it there all sold now? Just a mate wants a set.

if it's the angled ratches spanners, they're all gone. I know it's not the best manual in the world but for £1.99 I'm gonna get one anyway. Anyone else? Got a few people interested. Not looking to make any profit, just enough to cover postage to people. Anything to help the fellow fans of VW's greatest creation. PM me if interested.

I got one of those Lindsay Porter manuals.. think I was nailed for the full price at the time though.

Doh.

is it really that bad? Is it worth £1.99 though? Still a wee bit of interest though. Will PM those who have expressed interest tomorrow.

i was in hamilton halfords today for shiny tyre stuff and picked one up, cant go wrong at 2 quid! :)

small indeed, what flavour's your c and i i'll keep an eye out?

not many rado's about my neck of the woods!

I got one of those Lindsay Porter manuals.. think I was nailed for the full price at the time though.

Doh.

is it any good Jim?

don't spose you'll answer this today, as the birthday boy should be drunk already!!!

Pearly valver

Mine is a black G60 on steelies and lowered. You'll probably hear it before you see it cause my exhaust is very loud. Saving for a miltek. Got any pics of yours so I can keep mine peeled too?

['H3R4POR]I got one of those Lindsay Porter manuals.. think I was nailed for the full price at the time though.

Doh.

I'm not much of a drinker, and I am at work today alas.. so I am not drunk. Hehe.

The book HAS to be worth 1.99 - its not purely for the Corrado but covers a whole range of other VW's as well. Its definately no Haynes manual, and it sure aint the Robert Bentley manual - but for 2 quid its a handy guide to help you with some of the problems you might run into. Never worth 20 quid, definately worth 2 :)

It's worth it just for minor pieces of tech info like how many litres of oil and water you need for a service, or for how much to torque bolt X or for various other jobs. Yeah it's VW-generic rather than Corrado specific, but it's definitely worth £1.99.

['H3R4POR]I got one of those Lindsay Porter manuals.. think I was nailed for the full price at the time though.

Doh.

I'm not much of a drinker, and I am at work today alas.. so I am not drunk. Hehe.

The book HAS to be worth 1.99 - its not purely for the Corrado but covers a whole range of other VW's as well. Its definately no Haynes manual, and it sure aint the Robert Bentley manual - but for 2 quid its a handy guide to help you with some of the problems you might run into. Never worth 20 quid, definately worth 2 :)

did you quote the wrong post? ;) :lol:

There's one on ebay for £5.54 + P+P. HeHe

I got one when they were £4.99. As everyones says, they're not the best - maybe cos the one manual covers so many VWs. Havn't used it yet but im sure one day it will come in handy.

Definitley worth £2, they do em in Milton Keynes Halfords

None left in my local halfords today - mind you its not suprising with the amount of Corrado's round this way, I see another one I havn't seen before every day.

i went a nice we drive to paisley yesterday and picked one up four or five lfet i think.handy to have,cheers biggrim.did u ever get the vid from tescos uploaded?

pearlyvalver does your C sit in 24hr asda?

seen one in there few times,quite good looking motor!