Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Rear wiper delete hole mod - a solution

If like me you have removed your rear wiper for that cleaner look but don't fancy a respray, then you might be interested in this. I was never satisfied with the rubber grommet and silicone sealant solution and wanted something a bit classier that I could rely on not to let water in. I was surfing the Vortex when I came across this cool little anodised alu grommet made by Verdict Motorsports. $27 gets you this:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC02601.jpg[/attachment:1wpi1x1i]

12300865321201875391123.jpg[/attachment:1wpi1x1i]

Yes, it comes in black

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC02643.jpg[/attachment:1wpi1x1i]

A much better solution that will screw into the hole and has a rubber seal to stop water ingress.

Get yours here:

http://shop.verdictmotorsports.com/product.sc?categoryId=13&productId=123

Enjoy!

id rather get a bolt and grind it flat, knock of the edges and abit of sealer.......job done.

a nice idea but id sooner keep the wiper to clear the back window so i can see out of it :D

May just be me but i think the grommet looks more factory than that..

x2 Tbh, if you're keeping your car just get the hole welded and painted over.. looks soo much better than any of the above solutions.

i reckon it would look fine if the bolt is colour coded, black on black will hardly be noticeable i reckon

May just be me but i think the grommet looks more factory than that..

x2 Tbh, if you're keeping your car just get the hole welded and painted over.. looks soo much better than any of the above solutions.

This is more for people who don't want to pay for welding and paint (like me, I'm not made of money! :) ). Also, it'd be nice to know if you ever wanted to put the wiper back on you could.

I also found that after an energetic wash, the sealant under the grommet would have pulled away a bit and start to let water in. This way is much more hard wearing.

can someone be bothered to do a group buy please!?

Not me, I've got mine already! :D

Good find!

It's just the hassle of getting it from America tho. I'm sure toilet plumbing parts from B&Q could be adapted to do the same thing :lol:

Good find!

It's just the hassle of getting it from America tho. I'm sure toilet plumbing parts from B&Q could be adapted to do the same thing :lol:

Took just over a week to come.

Were there any duty or handling charges on top?

Nope. I was really surprised as it was $27 on the website, they mention nothing about sending to foreign countries so I took a chance, my money was taken and it turned up! It worked out about £17.50. About 100 times more than a rubber grommet, but imo, 100 times better too. :grin:

id rather get a bolt and grind it flat, knock of the edges and abit of sealer.......job done.

a nice idea but id sooner keep the wiper to clear the back window so i can see out of it :D

i agree....pointless mod i think.

you guys don't drive fast enough :lol:

you guys don't drive fast enough :lol:

Im getting old....thats all....dont worry my disability scooter with be faster then your car.... :lol: (joking)