Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Anyone got a LEATHER HANDBRAKE GAITER?

LOL oredered the gaiter amd handbrake lever cover.

Gearlever gaiter was great. The handbrake lever cover looked like schitt (once fitted)! and was cnut to fit! don't bother with it mate, save your pennies.

I have one, but not from this seller, and it's fine. But then I like leather and it goes with the leather interior.

If you are missing the original plastic cover then go for it. If the plastic cover is still there then stick with that.

To fit it you will have to remove the handbrake grip bit first (where you press the handbrake button) and then slip it back on afterwards.

I have one, but not from this seller, and it's fine. But then I like leather and it goes with the leather interior.

If you are missing the original plastic cover then go for it. If the plastic cover is still there then stick with that.

To fit it you will have to remove the handbrake grip bit first (where you press the handbrake button) and then slip it back on afterwards.

any pics of your dude?

I have tried 4 times now to remove my handbrake handle and have walked away each time before I lost my rag and hit something close at hand that'd most likely be fragile and a big mistake. I've pressed the little tab thing with about 10 different implements at differing forces ranging from firm to "I'm gonna break something in a minute", I've pulled, twisted, yanked... even enlisted the help of another to push the button while I pulled... it didn't move a muscle. Any tips for removal or is it time to source a replacement and get the hacksaw out :mad2:

I had one of these on mine, i had it made by MJ and it was lovely. I sent him a brand new handbrake handle (still available from VW) and it came back attached.

I found it difficult to get the handle off. In the end i put a screwdriver acoss the underneath of the handbrake handle and lifted (side to side), it did the trick..

Heres mine:

DSCN0219interior.jpg

DSCN0214interior.jpg