Sign in to follow this  
joeshaw123

200bhp from a dizzy vr?

Doubtless, people will tell me to put my vr on the coilpack system, but I HATE fannying about with wiring! Just wondered if 200bhp is feasable from a dizzy 2.9 vr with the right mods? It's had a skim with a new hg, and has the usual induction kit. Not running a cat ATM either, plans are a mild pair of cams and a 6 branch, should that see the magic number or am I pissin in the wind with a dizzy? Appreciate any advice! Cheers

You will see the same numbers with dizzy or coilpack,there both obd1,with cams,inlet manifold etc you will see 200hp also there are plenty on here with standard motors pushing more than 200hp.

Have you had your car Rolling roaded?

I haven't had it rr'd yet, it's off the road currently receiving some serious love! I'm just determined that when it comes back on the road it will be able to munch up the tarmac! As it was before, the rings were gone and it was smokey, slow, noisey and unreliable! I'm dreaming of a car that will keep up with my mates new scirocco just to upset him :)

cheers

I didnt think OBD1 VRs were very mappable? Anywhere you can recommend getting it done? Does it make a difference that my VR may not be in a corrado at all? :p

just noticed you were in south yorkshire too, im a sheffield lad so anywhere you could recommend would be getting a visit from me as an xmas present to myself for sure!

sweet mate. I miss the green hills of Sheff big time!! Im in middle east ATM.....

I got my cams installed & car mapped at Stealth. ill look for some previous links with power curves etc for you.

The map is simply to suit the cams..... not sure that a map without any mods would have much effect as you say bud :D

Cheers for that mate! I'll definitely be investing in a set of these to go with all my other mods, I cant wait for a powerhouse n/a VR! The wait is killling me. When they mapped your motor at stealth, what do they plug into? I dont think my mk2 has the usual diagnostics port, will I need to find an OBD1 VR and change my interior wiring loom so they can map it..? :(

No worries pal :D

They plugged into the diagnostics port but also directly into the ECU. If I was you Id ask around mate as I am no expert!! Im sure that to work on yours is easier than changing internal looms..... If you are looking for a set of 263s then keep your eyes peeled on here or do a wanted thread as the last wanted thread brought a few sets out of sheds and garages up & down the country. Also before getting it mapped you are better off collecting all goodies first & having the Map done when all are in place :D

So a MKII VR??

:worthless:

:lol: :lol:

Cheers for that mate! I'll definitely be investing in a set of these to go with all my other mods, I cant wait for a powerhouse n/a VR! The wait is killling me. When they mapped your motor at stealth, what do they plug into? I dont think my mk2 has the usual diagnostics port, will I need to find an OBD1 VR and change my interior wiring loom so they can map it..? :(

The loom you got from the donor engine should have the interior section. For the ECU comms, all it is is a grey wire from the ECU that plugs into a distribution block behind the centre console on Corrados. You can one of these blocks and a diagnostic socket from any VR6 Corrado or MK3 Golf etc :D

That's just for plugging in VAG-COM and reading fault codes etc, but the actual mapping is done with a 'dummy' ECU called an emulator. Once Stealth are happy with the map, they copy it from the Emulator onto a chip and pop it into your ECU and you're done!

I haven't had it rr'd yet, it's off the road currently receiving some serious love! I'm just determined that when it comes back on the road it will be able to munch up the tarmac! As it was before, the rings were gone and it was smokey, slow, noisey and unreliable! I'm dreaming of a car that will keep up with my mates new scirocco just to upset him :)

cheers

Did you get a re-furb'd donor engine put in or have your old lump rebuilt?

So theoretically I can get it mapped without the diagnostics port? Yeah the plan was that I would get all the work done, cams in and 6 branch on with all new bits, then get a map, so I can just enjoy driving the balls off it! I've got a rado 2.9 block thats getting some love to replace the old smokey 2.8

And as for a couple of pics:

5d47ae0c.jpg

ca108552.jpg

9e904d4e.jpg

impressive! Ive got a rebuilt 2.9 lump, rebuilt head, loadsa new seals, gaskets, chains, tensioners, guides, clutch etc its about as new as its going to get! Need a set of cams and a 6 branch then it can go back in, hopefully with plenty power! It'll get a map done after its been in and running alright too.