Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

Guess the mystery bit that I found in my oil pump

002.JPG[/attachment:3cajhw89]

Does anybody know what this is? I found it when I opened up my oil pump, just dropped out but it could've been trapped in the pick up gauze not in the cogs inside.

My guess is the trailing edge of the top chain tensioner, it seems to be made from a plastic type material, anybody got any other suggestions, it's worried me to say the least

Another vote for a bit of chain tensioner...

Have you had your chains done yet..? If not, you might want to make it a bit of a priority!

Have you had your chains done yet..? If not, you might want to make it a bit of a priority!

That reminds me of earlier this year Jim, fishing all the bits of guide out of toad's VR sump :) no wonder it had been making some funny noises.

Thanks for the quick replies, I'm feeling better already, had visions of it being something indicating imminent destruction!

Yep had them done, and incidentally my top tensioner had snapped/worn down to the rivets so it's all starting to make sense :clap:

That reminds me of earlier this year Jim, fishing all the bits of guide out of toad's VR sump :) no wonder it had been making some funny noises.

Hehe.. yeah.. that was a really, really great weekend :) Well, apart from the fun of getting to Stonor Park in the worst traffic I've ever seen! But I digress..

Good news on having had the chains done - just a little bit of left over stuff - the sieve in the oil pump doing its job properly :)

I'm gonna say a penny.

x2

Hehe.. yeah.. that was a really, really great weekend :) Well, apart from the fun of getting to Stonor Park in the worst traffic I've ever seen! But I digress..

Good news on having had the chains done - just a little bit of left over stuff - the sieve in the oil pump doing its job properly :)

Glad you enjoyed it.

Despite a good clean and a new oil pump, it still whines when cold. :lol: We'll have to do it again, perhaps on a different weekend...

looking at that again im not sure it is the pad as the pad is flat and that has a groove at one end.....still no harm done.

I was thinking that a bit, just doesn't look quite right although it's got little scores in it that looks like chain wear. Can't do much other then reassemble everything and cross my fingers