Alexander

Terribly misted up G60!

Yes indeed! :salute: :D

Just one thing i want to check with you guys. If i wash the car and i then dry the outside. I like to then open the doors and boot to dry the inside. Now, on the boot when i open it there's always a dribble of water that comes from between the reg plate boot plastic and the drivers reverse/fog cluster is this normal?

had a look at mine today and found that one of the seals on the tailgate light was "dead"...this was letting water in,therefore the rear screen misted up pretty bad. Going to sealant it up, empty the boot, dry it all out, use comma anti most/fog/condensate treatment on the glass and see what happens.

I don't suffer from wet carpets or any leeks from the heater blower area. Although not always, i do get the sweet coolant smell when heaters on full blast for a few seconds, but still on water/damping.

not fancying doing the matrix yet LOL

Pop out rear lights and give the seals a quick smear of petrolium jelly should sort them out...I have done this when swapping lights over. Just helps the seal form better!

Silicon should be a last recourse really...

If you are getting coolant smells then something's leaking, may not be the matrix... could be one of the pipes...

Critical yup always get water drips from the plate surrounds... and generally they go in the boot when it's open!

Pop out rear lights and give the seals a quick smear of petrolium jelly should sort them out...I have done this when swapping lights over. Just helps the seal form better!

If you are getting coolant smells then something's leaking, may not be the matrix... could be one of the pipes...

Critical yup always get water drips from the plate surrounds... and generally they go in the boot when it's open!

Ah ok, if its normal i wont think no more about it :lol:

petroleum jelly is Vaseline - right? or is there a different type for cars?

Hey if you have stock piles of Vaseline :norty: ... go for it! :lol:

Yes, works pretty well at helping out old dry seals, and has the advanyge on not "Drying out" either... This is a top tip brought to you by the owning of numerous air-cooled VW's :grin:

Hey if you have stock piles of Vaseline :norty: ... go for it! :lol:

Yes, works pretty well at helping out old dry seals, and has the advanyge on not "Drying out" either... This is a top tip brought to you by the owning of numerous air-cooled VW's :grin:

great stuff......thank u :clap:

Vaseline!

Blimey - I knew there was something I needed to get. :camp:

I heard that the inventor of Vaseline/petroleum jelly, IIRC, used to scoff a tablespoonful of the stuff every day. :gag:

Lived into his 90s (again, IIRC). Keep those tubes and pipes lubed up, guys! :lol:

Vaseline!

Blimey - I knew there was something I needed to get. :camp:

I heard that the inventor of Vaseline/petroleum jelly, IIRC, used to scoff a tablespoonful of the stuff every day. :gag:

Lived into his 90s (again, IIRC). Keep those tubes and pipes lubed up, guys! :lol:

Yeah but he probably smoked 60 a day and drank a litre bottle of Whiskey too! :lol:

Another rear wash wipe leak point is a pipe connection up behind the left C-pillar this can some times work loose and be a real pain in the ar$e - you have to remove the shelf support etc to get to it.

i found that the Vaseline worked so far (will check 2mo as its raining in birmingham), also found the corrado rear badge was leeking water in too....hopefully will be dry 2mo.......i like let you guys know

i found that the Vaseline worked so far (will check 2mo as its raining in birmingham), also found the corrado rear badge was leeking water in too....hopefully will be dry 2mo.......i like let you guys know

See told you! :clap:

Foliage seal and new N/s windscreen trim clips and seals for me this weekend!

part number for foliage seal?

part number for foliage seal?

Quick link to a quick link...

Ordered Seal, as well as the clips and grommets for the N/S windscreen plastics as these can leak too! Was told when I ordered that it would be 3-4 working days ATM though

i even read (looked at the pictures) that link......lol thanks anyway, i only need the foliage, although come to think of it i got a roll of it somewhere.....i'll have to have a look.

rang vw dealers - £4.55 in vat

ok bad news.....didn't well as well as i thought, seems to be the rear light is filling up with water (not much) but then this leeks into the car...going take the light off the car, stick it under the tap and see where it leeks in from.....may just need sealing up around the lens... :shrug:

they are after market ones. You cant split them but you can get some clear sealant and seal them up again. i have also got a small drill bit and drilled a few drainage holes... (try not to go all the way thou if you do this)

to remove the sh*t - powerfull jet wash, but make show you dry them before sealing.

bob

should do most of it, depends on how dirty they are really...after jetting mine, only a little bit remained....i wasnt to bothered about this and sealed it up....fingers crossed this time....good news is, that it is raining, so i will check 2mo.

Noticed this morning mine has been dripping alot from the passenger A-pillar rear edge, I'm guessing the sunroof drain is blocked - AR$E!!!! :mad2: :censored: :bad-words:

Noticed this morning mine has been dripping alot from the passenger A-pillar rear edge, I'm guessing the sunroof drain is blocked - AR$E!!!! :mad2: :censored: :bad-words:

im glad mine is a non sunroof :grin: :lol: 8)