Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

Hidden Treasure

Yeah looks like a hole in the bumper :roll: :cuckoo: wouldnt mind it though even with that as understand you can still get new bumpers for about £400 lol!

Shame it's a girls colour though :lol: (Awaits verbal attack! He He)

how's the towbar fitted ? holes in the floor of the boot :nono: . not looked under mine recently but there must be the fuel tank somewhere there too.

Girlie colour... Naaaa... I don't mine been called a pansy driving it :camp:

Thats funny, when i bought my Corrado in May 2004, i got it off a dealer in Croydon, who had a Blackberry VR6 that he called a Storm, i didn't realise at the time that Storms were only Blue or Green so went along with it etc, it was badged as a Storm.

I can't remember seeing a tow bar on it but i can remember that it had around 40 - 45000 on it. I wonder if its the same car and someone has misread the mileage, i mean how many Blackberry Corrados would be out there with Storm badges on them?

as you say 40 - 45K sounds about right not 4K but it could be true :notworthy:

saying that a close inspection of the wheels. the internals look mint with no brake dust etc.... and the tyre pattern looks remarkably like those of the original dunlops which came on mine from new !

Well I'm embarrassed to say that I had a towbar fitted to my C. a few months ago, I've just got divorced and have got tons of tools and equipment to move that I don't want scratching the leather, so I bit the bullet and spent a whole day on the interweb searching for a removable tow bar. My first hit was a company in Sussex, I phoned them and they said they could get one and fit it while I waited, not wanting to believe that my first hit would be the cheapest I spent the rest of the day trawling through thousands of pages towbarsrus/ towbarsulike/ towbarworld(or something of the like) and they all said noone made a detachable one that didn't require the bumper to be cut. So I drove down to a leafy little village in Sussex and an hour later I had a removable towbar fitted without a hole in my bumper. Needless to say I'm still in the process of moving out so it has remained on ( even at CCGB SE meets (hangs head in shame), but in the last month I have been rear ended no less than 4 times and every time not a scratch on my car. The first two were ladies in the snow (bless them) and the last two was some arrogant old g1t in a brand new Jag trying to park, the first time he hit my car with such force the angle of his bumper pushed the back of my car down about 3 inches. then he just drove forwards and did it all over again, realising he wasn't going to improve on that he left the front end jutting out into the road turned it off, by this time I'd seen enough and tapped on his window. He got out and I said "did you realise you've just hit my car twice" he replied "no I haven't" I ushered him over to the back of his car where his bumper was creased nicely around my towbar. "There" I said "you see it's still touching" he said "no it isn't it's touching your towbar, you should take the bloody thing off" I checked to make sure there was no damage to my car just as he walked off towards the Post Office, by this time I had lost my normal super cool demeanor and I walked straight up to him and with my face about 3 inches from his I said in a rather loud voice " you are an arrogant tw@t and I hope you die shortly" (it wasn't the best retort but was the best I could come up with at the time) he must have been used to it because even though he must have been at least 70 he didn't bat an eyelid and pushed past me (either that or I'm just not scary enough). 3 mins later he comes back out and moves it forwards so it is no longer touching, I'm thinking some of the old biddies waiting to get their pensions may have "encouraged him" that maybe it was his fault. Anyway just as he emerged from his car I went to get back into mine and his parting shot was "and anyway it's done more damage to my car than yours" I replied "so that's your apology for being a cr@p driver is it" I flipped him the bird and drove off.

So it may look crap, but the towbar is staying on for now, or at least until the snow's gone.

there was a vr on piston heads a few months back same mileage roughly, one owner they wanted nine n a half large for it!!

Arrogant old fukker!! The man was obviously a collossal pr!ck.

you are an arrogant tw@t and I hope you die shortly

8) Fantastic mate, I'd love to have seen that. Satisfying in some small measure 8)

I'll have to give you some shouting lessons so he hears you properly next time :lol: :lol:

See, and everyone thinks I'm mad for buying a towbar for the C :lol:

(Although it's not fitted just yet, respray is still on hold until the shit weather passes and I can get it to the Garage!)