jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

*except David Haye will win :)

Yeah right, he's got to beat some over-priced noncy welsh bloke who kicks a pigs bladder about, and an "England Captain" who can only win once...

Silverstone just confirmed they have got a 17 year deal with F1 for the Grand Prix, starting in 2010, with a break clause for both parties at year 10

Silverstone just confirmed they have got a 17 year deal with F1 for the Grand Prix, starting in 2010, with a break clause for both parties at year 10

Thanks God thats finally done... can I buy some chuffin' 2010 tickets now??!! :salute:

Big relief for everyone working in this area too. :D :D :D

Moto GP is also going to be at Silverstone in 2010. :D

Shame that Donnington is now wrecked and there is unlikely to be any racing or Track Days there next year also though.

Bernie is a nightmare. Donnington are even rumoured to have to pay about 15 million for failure to met the contract.

17 years, that's some contract, makes the whole Donnington episode look like a pointless waste of everyone's time now. Even in the pre-credit-crunch days, funding what would basically have been a world class circuit and facilities from scratch looked pretty unlikely in the UK.

Bernie is a nightmare. Donnington are even rumoured to have to pay about 15 million for failure to met the contract.

Why? If i were them I'd tell Bernie to go stuff it. He has his British GP, no harm no foul.

But thinking about it, if they couldn't get organised enough to put their proposal forward, then there's little chance of them scraping together 15 mill. :D

Renault to sell out to Prodrive? :luvlove: :clap:

If I was Prodrive, I'd let Renault F1 go to someone else and wait a few weeks... Renault will then sell a better 'Cup' version that'll be quicker but with less equipment. :lol:

Why? If i were them I'd tell Bernie to go stuff it. He has his British GP, no harm no foul.

But thinking about it, if they couldn't get organised enough to put their proposal forward, then there's little chance of them scraping together 15 mill. :D

Because first he wanted to take F1 away from Silverstone and now he has messed up another very good circuit. I know they were to get the finances sorted, but all because Bernie was taking it away from Silverstone.

I think if it was not for the sheer amount of Motorsport that is here in the UK and therefore the pressure, Bernie would not have any in Britain at all.

I am sure he makes more money himself from other venues abroad. Personally I don't think Bernie has Motorsport best wishes in mind at all, nor ever has, just lining his own pocket - again. Sorry to rant - really dislike the man.

In the main Wendy I agree with you, I think F1 has benefitted from him though, its more stable, better supported than it ever has been but I don't think that was Bernies aim / motivation, it has always been about the money first and foremost, the other positive spinoffs are merely a happy by-product

Updates:

Trulli and Kovi to Lotus... Glock and De-Fassi to Virgin.

Renault being bought out either by either Dave Richards (Prodrive as hinted in last post) or some Luxembourg Venture Capitalist called Lopez...

Oh and Ferrari have released Shumi, followed by Nick Fry saying "Shumi will be good for Mercedes"...

Points are now: 25/20/15/10/8/6/5/3/2/1... so that now covers the top ten places... to reflect the inrease in team numbers... As well as Canada being back on the map.

Will be a Very interesting 2010... :clap:

Not sure about Shumi coming back though...

Me neither... he'll either be great or just tarnish the fact that he left pretty much at the sharp end.

Hope that I'm not deploying this smilie by March: :epicfail:

Not sure about Shumi coming back though...

Me neither... he'll either be great or just tarnish the fact that he left pretty much at the sharp end.

Hope that I'm not deploying this smilie by March: :epicfail:

Yeah, well you finish on a real high, but can mess it all up by trying to make a come back and FAILING!!!!!!

Old:

• 10 100%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 8 80%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 6 60%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 5 50%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 4 40%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 3 30%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 2 20%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 1 10%[/*:m:14gq52na]

New:

• 25 100%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 20 80%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 15 60%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 10 40%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 8 32%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 6 24%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 5 20%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 3 12%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 2 8%[/*:m:14gq52na]
  • 1 4%[/*:m:14gq52na]

So at the "sharp end" it's effectively the same...

Cheers for that. 8)

It makes it much clearer and easy to compare, :clap:

Now I can't a problem except P4 dips out a little :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, Button gets an MBE and Ross Brawn scores a OBE in the New Year's honours list. Well done chaps :salute:

Not sure why Button got an MBE for winning the F1 WC after how many years......

So, Button gets an MBE and Ross Brawn scores a OBE in the New Year's honours list. Well done chaps :salute:

And why not?

Just the sort of attitude we have over here.... Kick/Ignore the winner...

I mean how many people know we had a triple World champion in Motorsport (Andy Priaux in WTCC)? Not many I bet!

And why not?

Just the sort of attitude we have over here.... Kick/Ignore the winner...

I mean how many people know we had a triple World champion in Motorsport (Andy Priaux in WTCC)? Not many I bet!

Its not about kicking/ignoring the winner, I just dont rate Button as high as other people do, dont get me wrong, i'd support him cos he's british if there was no other brits to support. But he had it easy this season and still almost threw it away..... nearly. What i meant was, after 1 WC? If it had been multiple WC, i could see why he'd get an MBE.

IMO it will be the 2010 season which will define Button for me. It will show how much of a good driver he is, as it will be alot tougher challenge for him then the 2009 season was.

Just my 2p

It's a shame that Merc are the engine suppliers though, it's not like they are going to give the opposition their most up to date engines.