jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

So Campos gets an internal buy out and re-named as 'HRT'... how can they not see the ridicule that abbreviation will bring? (Particularly in forums like this! :) ...and then Renault acquire Lada sponsorship deal. Seriously? The headlines are gonna write themselves!

Clearly don't have any competent multi-lingual PR people on board! :lol:

"Snorkelling". Discuss.

:lol:

I assume you mean the 'tube' that michael shumacher has on his car to direct air over the rear wing? :shrug:

What i want to know is, why did Mclarens rear wing go to the scrutineers but this little device hasnt?

Really looking forward to this race weekend! :D

"Snorkelling". Discuss.

I assume you mean the 'tube' that michael shumacher has on his car to direct air over the rear wing? :shrug:

What i want to know is, why did Mclarens rear wing go to the scrutineers but this little device hasnt?

Yes, that tube/airflow thing... not sure where you got the idea that it's on the Mercedes, it's on the McLaren - you can see it poking from the top of the bodywork here:

56955_2.jpg

Quite a clever design, covering a hole with your knee rather than doing anything mechanical.

Practice is now on bbc red button, come on schumacher....

"Snorkelling". Discuss.

Yes, that tube/airflow thing... not sure where you got the idea that it's on the Mercedes, it's on the McLaren - you can see it poking from the top of the bodywork here:

56955_2.jpg

Ah yes i only noticed that in the qualifying. I thought it was on the mercedes cos i was watching the practice yesterday and they were talking about it on there and did say 'mercedes' not mclaren, also the camera was on the mercedes. I thought it was something different that mercedes had on their car.

Good qualifying session today, im a bit disappointed with the mclarens performance through all 3 sessions. Hamilton did well to get into 4th, lets hope they have the car set up for the race and not so much qualifying... as suggested. I was suprised it wasnt a ferrari 1, 2. Been very impressed with Rosberg and Sutil even more so!

Well if Im honest that was boreing

Bring on the BTCC in April :clap:

Agreed.................... Every year I hope F1 will get it back to the turbo days and lots of overtaking etc, every year I lose interest within minutes of seeing either a procession race or the front 2 or 3 building up 30+ second advantages within 10 laps. I will give it 2 more races :|

The problem being that slower cars cannot take any sort of advantage with running less fuel (albeit more pitstops), now that they've brought this no refuelling rule in. So a team that has a slower car cannot run closer to the front because they all have this huge amount of fuel on board.

Even if a slower car qualifies near the front with next to no fuel on board, they dont stand much of a chance once all the cars are filled to the brim with fuel - it will just go backwards down the field.

Personally im hoping this no fuelling rule is axed after this season,but cant see that happening for a while yet.

It was so exciting, I fell asleep after 15mins, woke up with 10 or so laps to go, basically no change in the positions and there would not have been, had Vettels car been ok :epicfail:

That really was dull as dishwater :sleeping: .....

Also I really dislike some of these new tracks that are just plonked in the middle of deserts - they make for really dull viewing, you get absolutely no sense of speed and there is no atmosphere surrounding the place.

Even when the racing was dull at least on the older, more traditional tracks, you felt a little bit more part of the action !!

Roll on a few months time when the parade comes to Europe.

Tuned in to see the last few laps and said to my sisters partner "This race looks slow..?" - he said he was thinking the same thing. It was like replaying the a race from last years F1 at 2/3 the speed?!

Tuned in to see the last few laps and said to my sisters partner "This race looks slow..?" - he said he was thinking the same thing. It was like replaying the a race from last years F1 at 2/3 the speed?!

....yeah at the beginning they were 8-9 seconds off the qualifying pace :shock: ......how does that make for the ultimate race series :cuckoo:

Although as I posted before, I don't think the actual track itself helps give you any perception of speed.....so even though they were actually going quite slow at the beginning they even looked like they were going slow, which is peculiar for F1 IMO :?

Seems like banning refuelling has had a detrimental impact - summed up by the comment about Button - "He didn't leapfrog Rosberg in the pits so he now has no chance of getting past him" - sad that the majority of overtaking in F1 is done by pitstops

Just had to say as well that Button was gash all weekend.....not a good start :?

I wish him well......he will need it :eek:

When the presenter asked Eddie Jordan what he thought of the race there was that pregnant pause,followed by"It was different."

That said it all for me.

Jenson was driving within himself worried about his tires and Massa was also trying to save fuel,no doubt looking at him MPG guage lol.wtf.

Dosn't really pass as motorsport imo.

Slow. :(

Agreed.................... Every year I hope F1 will get it back to the turbo days and lots of overtaking etc, every year I lose interest within minutes of seeing either a procession race or the front 2 or 3 building up 30+ second advantages within 10 laps. I will give it 2 more races :|

I can't remember which of Clarkson's 100s of DVD's it's on, but there's a brilliant clip of a battle between Renee Arnoux (sp?) and Jaque's Villeneuve's dad (sp? again!) from the early 80s. They were only figthing for 3rd or 4th or something, but there were more overtakes over those 2 or 3 laps than an entire season's worth from the current F1. And the cars touched a few times and didn't disintigrate into a carbon fibre crumbs like they do now.

F1 used to be a great sport but it's utter crap now, to be frank, imo. I don't know if it's Mosely or Ecclestone, or health and safety who are to blame for ruining the sport, but kick the f'ckers out. It's all about sponsorship greed and politics now.

The ONLY good thing to happen to F1 recently was it's return to BBC1. But we have to put up with that chicken legged, imbocile Coulthard waffling on in his personalityless way. 13 wins in 247 races? The man was useless, get him off as a presenter!!

Dull, dull race.

Hopefully it's just a case of the teams getting to understand tyre wear with the higher fuel loads but it was really boring.

I can't remember which of Clarkson's 100s of DVD's it's on, but there's a brilliant clip of a battle between Renee Arnoux (sp?) and Jaque's Villeneuve's dad (sp? again!) from the early 80s. They were only figthing for 3rd or 4th or something, but there were more overtakes over those 2 or 3 laps than an entire season's worth from the current F1. And the cars touched a few times and didn't disintigrate into a carbon fibre crumbs like they do now.

That'll be this bit of footage then... legendary! :salute:

[youtube:3stbd1yr]

[/youtube:3stbd1yr]

...and for the record, yes: dull, dull, dull. The Beeb managed to make the build-up more entertaining than any of the racing.

Webber, Kovalainen, Chandhok and Jake Humphrey's Twitter feeds are all plastered with comments on how much of a non-race the new regulations produced. Most folks citing the fuel laden cars as too much of an issue - but how do they get away from that after everyone's developed a 120l tank for this year?

:epicfail: