jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

Get away! Really? From the pic i saw it looked more or less the same!? Maybe if they were side by side :shrug:

This is the pic i saw -

mercedes-benz__f1__2010__001.jpg

against

formula-1-launches-Jenson-002.jpg

They're not terribly different from those pics. I have to say I like the new car actually.

Same car. Different Photoshop paint job!

The new W01... is a lot different... longer wheelbase, triangular airbox... Shark-fins on side pods...etc

Aye, the shot above is pre-release... the actual W101 debuted at Valencia on Sunday and looked like this:

56417_2.jpg

Methinks they've been down to visit that bodyshop John used in Bournemouth and liberated the remaining grey paint from his respray :lol:

I thought all the stick on tat wings etc were banned but they seem to be making an appearance on most cars. There seems to be a lot more 'aero' on the cars this year, in particular the front wings. Glad those awful wheel trims have gone from the front wheel though.

Well even "sir" Ross seems to think the Prancing Horse has the quickest car so far...

But of course we don't know what fuel loads anyone has been running...

oh and a estimated 30,000+ turn up to watch Alonso pedal his car round the track today! :shock:

So Jerez testing highlights: Virgin F1 test curtailed due to rear wing failure and the fact that they didn't bring enough parts and Button 'getting used to the McLaren', which should be read as "oh cock, they really have designed this thing around Lewis :("

Meanwhile FIA withdraw the need for teams to publish starting weights as everyone would be able to work out which team has the most fuel efficient engine. Oops.

Who's your money on for 2010 then folks?

So Jerez testing highlights: Virgin F1 test curtailed due to rear wing failure and the fact that they didn't bring enough parts and Button 'getting used to the McLaren', which should be read as "oh cock, they really have designed this thing around Lewis :("

....... :lol: that is sooooo true - such a bad move for button IMO !!

I think Alonso is going to be awesome in the Ferrari this year - but thats a pretty safe predictable thing to say really.

So whats gone on with button, bad time?

I cant honestly believe its due to the car being 'designed around lewis' - thats BS.

Yeah i reckon massa will be out done by Alonso.

So whats gone on with button, bad time?

I cant honestly believe its due to the car being 'designed around lewis' - thats BS.

Yeah i reckon massa will be out done by Alonso.

Why not? Dennis has been investing (grooming? :ignore: ) in Lewis since he was a child... Kovenlinen found this from the sounds of it...

Virgin was a front wing failure, and as the car had been "virtually" designed wasn't a surprise... as it is you'll be surprised how few spares are availabe for the first tests even for the established teams... Oh and Red-Bull couldn't produce a complete session either, and have an "underpowered Renault engine (as last year!)

TBH nothing can be read into early testing as we have no idea about fuel levels.. but the top 3 will all be at the pointy end at the start... Ferrari/Mercedes/McLaren.

:lol:

They designed that thing to be as fast as possible.

period.

Lewis hit the ground running with that car back when Alonso was their number 1.

Jenson will have to do the same.

Kovi was not up to the job.

He could drive the car fast but not when it really mattered.

Yeah exactly. Regardless of the car, Kovelienen wasnt up to the job full stop. Button should be doing better and can do better. I agree Lewis has been in the Mclaren alot longer then anyone else and also seems to be able to adapt quicker.

I read on the BBC website that Ross Brawn stated that they are slightly behind the front runners and they need to put more work into getting up to speed.

I'm sorry, Alonso is still such a self-important, smarmy c*nt. Just felt the need to say that after his most recent spout of sh!te..

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE61K05T20100221

how exactly does he know that everyone else has "shown their cards"? he just annoys the hell out of me and i hope the ferrari catches fire or something in the first race just to take him down a peg or two.

So Campos gets an internal buy out and re-named as 'HRT'... how can they not see the ridicule that abbreviation will bring? (Particularly in forums like this! :) ...and then Renault acquire Lada sponsorship deal. Seriously? The headlines are gonna write themselves!

So Campos gets an internal buy out and re-named as 'HRT'... how can they not see the ridicule that abbreviation will bring? (Particularly in forums like this! :) ...and then Renault acquire Lada sponsorship deal. Seriously? The headlines are gonna write themselves!

:lol: didnt know Lada still existed tbh. Well maybe in the former USSR only.

Only 7 days to go before race weekend! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's going to be awesome, schumacher coming back is making it for me. I don't think he has anything to prove, but i'd love to see him winning a couple of races (at least) :notworthy:

I hope Jenson isn't blitzed by Hamilton, i'd rather see it the other way round.

I think Alonso will take the c'ship, Hamilton very close behind, Massa near enough and Buttom/Schumacher somewhere 3rd-5th. Pretty safe predictions though lol.

It's going to be awesome, schumacher coming back is making it for me. I don't think he has anything to prove, but i'd love to see him winning a couple of races (at least) :notworthy:

I hope Jenson isn't blitzed by Hamilton, i'd rather see it the other way round.

I think Alonso will take the c'ship, Hamilton very close behind, Massa near enough and Buttom/Schumacher somewhere 3rd-5th. Pretty safe predictions though lol.

I think im your opposite :lol:

Schumacher obviously feels he has something to prove other wise he wouldnt have come out of retirement. I also feel it may not be as easy for him as some may think it will be.

Hamilton to win championship for me, followed by button. But i think in reality it will be a battle between Hamilton and Alonso. It should be really good! Schumacher will be scapping with Massa and the redbulls. But i do think the redbulls or Vettel at least will get some wins.

I think redbull may upset the apple cart.Vettel will be there or there abouts.

Anyway.First race of the season will show who has the pace.

Can't wait for that first qualifying session.It is a mouth watering prospect.

Not sure about quali TBH. It's not going to be as hard and fast as before with the need to be fully fuelled for race distance... the only time you'll see real pace is going to be in the dying laps on each Sunday :?

Not sure about quali TBH. It's not going to be as hard and fast as before with the need to be fully fuelled for race distance... the only time you'll see real pace is going to be in the dying laps on each Sunday :?

I'm pretty sure the new quali rules are low fuel in the final session. It makes sense; they're all going to be starting with the same amount of fuel anyway, what's the point in making them carry it in quali too?