Sign in to follow this  
tez180

Roof strips - :(

Hello,

Just need some advice -

The rubber roof strips on my 2L8Valve Corrado are very badly worn and almost perished.

I'm guessing they just pop out / Are a DIY job.

Where would be the best place to acquire some new ones??

Thankyou

tez180

As far as I am aware they are obsolete now, I've seen a couple pop up on ebay for about £120ish. But i'm sure you could probably find them somewhere else at a better price.

Scrappies perhaps?

I bought new ones a few months ago from vwdubmachine les bray but they are'nt cheap at about £55 a side!

I reckon he's probably the one i saw them on? The ebay chap?

I bought new ones a few months ago from vwdubmachine les bray but they are'nt cheap at about £55 a side!

I reckon he's probably the one i saw them on? The ebay chap?[/quote:1fwgy5pt]

Yep thats the chap, but he's based about 5 minutes from where i work so i collect anything i buy from him!

Another vote for not obsolete, only proper place is VW and they charge less than the bloke on ebay last time I checked.

Hello,

Just need some advice -

The rubber roof strips on my 2L8Valve Corrado are very badly worn and almost perished.

I'm guessing they just pop out / Are a DIY job.

Where would be the best place to acquire some new ones??

Thankyou

tez180

Post some pics tez. You could probably trim off the scabby bits and drench the trim in some rubber protector.

I reckon he's probably the one i saw them on? The ebay chap?[/quote:2ugzewnn]

Yep thats the chap, but he's based about 5 minutes from where i work so i collect anything i buy from him![/quote:2ugzewnn]

Oh cool I didn't notice you're in Cornwall too, nice one.

Yeah he's in Truro or something isn't he? Sells some nice things on his ebay shop

I have some new ones that I will be puttng up for sale soon - 85 notes posted to your door if your interested.

Cheers

picked up a set from my local dealers yesterday, £48 each i think they were! but i did spend £396 :eek: and i ordered more bits to collect next week :norty:

getting all bits ready for paint job :D the first place you should try is the dealers for everything!!!you will be suprised what they still do for the rado,and the price of some things arent to bad!well they are :censored: dear but you can pay more,like the guy on ebay selling roof rubbers for alot more than the dealers,dealers every time!! (first) :D

Oh cool I didn't notice you're in Cornwall too, nice one.

Yeah he's in Truro or something isn't he? Sells some nice things on his ebay shop

He's just outside Camborne and he does stock an awfull lot of goodies!

Theres a small meet going on down this way in a couple of weeks, might be bit of a trek for you tho! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=85833

Yeah I was interested in that but I am working on the 6th! Sucks.

Ah well, next time perhaps. And lol, a bit close to Hayle! I went down there before I went to Port Talbot for my Rado to look at one there but it was in absolute awful condition, a weeks worth of welding needed underneath to close the rusty holes, and that's before touching anything else that didn't work hah, sorry to the owner if he is on here :D (It's not too far though, quite a nice drive really)

Have fun! :p

Thanks for the replys :)

I would take some pics of the damage so far but trust me they are beyond repair ( massive bits missing now)

On another note, I am getting damp foot wells but I have check under the car on a ramp and no signs of rust anywhere, or holes..

Also checked on the scuttle panel and the drains in that and all ok...

Would water be getting in the roof strips? or is there anywhere else I put money on the damp getting its way to the front footwells? Sunroof?

Cheer again

tez180

Thanks for the replys :)

I would take some pics of the damage so far but trust me they are beyond repair ( massive bits missing now)

On another note, I am getting damp foot wells but I have check under the car on a ramp and no signs of rust anywhere, or holes..

Also checked on the scuttle panel and the drains in that and all ok...

Would water be getting in the roof strips? or is there anywhere else I put money on the damp getting its way to the front footwells? Sunroof?

Cheer again

tez180

No the roof strips just cover some drain channels that are welded up.

Could well be door card plastic membranes or a blocked sunroof water drain hose, the plastic foliage grille on the scuttle seal is made of foam and also degrades and will allow water in over time, they are only a fiver from VW so try that first.