Sign in to follow this  
volksworld13

coachworks steering wheel re-trim

just wondered if anybody know any good re-trimmers, who someone could get in contact with, to do all the corrado steering wheels , retrim the with new black leather, as the old leather on top of the wheel drys and cracks, if there was enough interest, we could get a group discount, send your wheel away get back looking like new?

what does everyone think? :?

i asked about this last week as mine needs redoing or replacing, would quite like to keep original wheel as looks wise there is nothing wrong with it 8)

ok, does anyone know of a good retrimmer, nice black leather would be very nice on the palms,

group buy, all the corrados would look new inside again, the steering wheel does show the age of the vehicle,when driving, it would def be worth sorting something out!! :D :D

Id be up for getting my wheel retrimmed, mines started to go sticky... :gag:

Nothing worse than a sticky rim eh? :shock:

Will try to have a chat with a local trimmers...

Yep - I'd be interested too but I did look into this a couple of years ago and it's going to be around £150-£200 for a half decent job - most trimmers won't do them as it's such a difficult job to do well.

Yep - I'd be interested too but I did look into this a couple of years ago and it's going to be around £150-£200 for a half decent job - most trimmers won't do them as it's such a difficult job to do well.

pm sent mate

i know someone local to yourself thats started to do wheels , if you have one he can do then get some pics up and sort out a group buy ...

or if anyone else wnats to step up with a spare wheel ...pm me

Cheers mate - I do have a couple of spares but not leather ones - would be good if he could trim over one of these though as it would make it a bit thicker like the newer golfs!

might be cheaper and easier to have a group buy on the leather repair and refurb kit from the likes of Furnture clinic. I'll try and make some time to look into it. Would only be about 20 odd quid, i owuld have thought, based on their standard sizes.

Cheers mate - I do have a couple of spares but not leather ones - would be good if he could trim over one of these though as it would make it a bit thicker like the newer golfs!

yeah we was talking about the non leather ones , were assuming theyre the same under the leather ? depends what style wheel i guess

pop one round to him if you like see if he can do it...can also do coloured stitching too i believe