Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Ambient air temp sensor...

Ok so my ambient air temp sensor didnt seem to be working, or at least it wouldnt display anything on the MFA display, then for some reason it started working today....only it showed a ridiculous temperature ...-38c!!!!

091223_171204.jpg[/attachment:15nrgd24]

It then decided to stop working, then randomly it came back, started at -4 and kept 'getting colder'...im going to assume that it needs replacing, any advice on where it is, how to get a replacement would be helpful (pics would be greatly appreciated)

Thanks, J

Either tucked into the lower grill below the towing eye on a later car, or in the brake cooling duct (Drivers side) on an early car.

My 1993 VR6 dosn't come with the ambient temp function on the trip computer.

Is it possible to wire something up so i do have a ambient temp function? :D

My 1993 VR6 dosn't come with the ambient temp function on the trip computer.

Is it possible to wire something up so i do have a ambient temp function? :D

When mine fell out,it didnt show "up" on the MFA, soon as i plugged the new one in,the MFA displayed the temp.

Are you sure yours is plugged in ?

Ok so my ambient air temp sensor didnt seem to be working, or at least it wouldnt display anything on the MFA display, then for some reason it started working today....only it showed a ridiculous temperature ...-38c!!!!

might just be dodgy contacts, mine was showing -40 (same as it does when the sensor is totally disconnected) until I undid the connector block, cleaned the pins and put it back together.

I had a look for the sensor today, it was plugged in so i gave it a wee clean but still nothing showing on the MFA in the car

Any ideas?

If you know anyone with a corrado, try their sensor first to rule that out,if it still doesnt work,start chasing the wires back from the sensor to the car,inspecting the wires for damage.

Its more likely this end as it is exposed to the elements.

Keep us posted

I hope i have the correct switch,

its the one just down from the fog light and indicator lamp? and i think its 2 brown cables? iam not up at the car anymore so can't quite remember :epicfail:

I hope i have the correct switch,

its the one just down from the fog light and indicator lamp? and i think its 2 brown cables? iam not up at the car anymore so can't quite remember :epicfail:

Is it in the same place as the pic i posted ? (pics reversed for some reason)

if the sensors not plugged in (o/s front of car) it doesnt show up at all on the MFA !

That's my car, and the wrong side.

The sensor is either plugged into that section of grill or the air duct behind it, just on the drivers side instead.

Has the LCD been reversed or something? Looks smart 8)

yeah reversed, going to make it red, just not got around to it yet :)

might just be dodgy contacts, mine was showing -40 (same as it does when the sensor is totally disconnected) until I undid the connector block, cleaned the pins and put it back together.

Ill have a look tomorrow (even if it's christmas!), it might be a dodgy connector as you say because it intermittently comes on and then goes again

Thanks for the replies,

J

if the sensors not plugged in (o/s front of car) it doesnt show up at all on the MFA !

That's my car, and the wrong side.

The sensor is either plugged into that section of grill or the air duct behind it, just on the drivers side instead.

My apologies for using a pic of your car,i was just trying to show where abouts on the car the sensor was fitted

I had a look at the switch its all wired up etc i gave it a clean up but nothing still showing on the MFA.

is it just a matter of buying a new switch and wireing it up etc?

cheers

do you know anyone with a working sensor, that you could just put in and see if it works ?

If it doesnt, it must be the wiring ?IIRC there is a section in the Bently manual about testing the sensor