Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Ambient air temp sensor...

I haven't had a chance to look at mine, need to get it up but just haven't had the time, its stopped working completely now, no more random temperatures so im guessing it'll need replacing. Does anyone know the part number so i can at least investigate prices

Thanks

thought id look at this today, mine seems to be on the other side to the pic? or is it cause its a pics :cuckoo: mine reads 50oC but I fiddled with the covers for the toe eyes today and it read 47oC. is the sensor inside the bumper?

Until Reading this thread I didn't realise Corrados were fitted with temp sender. It's been bugging me for a while as every other v dub has them, my MFA only shows oil temp and the usual mpg and times. When I removed the bumper recently I didn't have a sensor, can anyone confirm the wire colours and where it meets the loom.

Thanks

Matt

i could do with knowing the wire colours for this sensor as i think i may have chopped then out the loom when i was fitting the 20v...

:epicfail:

if someone knows the wire colours i could find the plug and wires out the old loom hopefully and re-attach them..

The two wires are red and white stripe,and brown and white stipe, or thats what they are on mine

two pics show position of sensor,one with the vented brake, the other standard fitting

On the drivers side

Got the sensor on this morning i now have a reading comeing up in the dash but its showing -40c constantly

Take it my new sensor is buggered?

Paul

Right i have now fitted 2 sensors and iam constantly getting 50c showing with either sensor

Any ideas? wireing issue?

cheers

paul

when i lost my sensor,i bought a new one,like yours it read 50c !

managed to pick two up from the breakers :D both still read 50c :(

I too posted on here,the advice i was given,was most likely a break or short in the wire,trace the wires back until you find anything !

Never got round to it, but did notice my sensor worked, sort of !!

40c on my sensor is 0c, Mine only works in the winter, as it only goes upto 10c !

I have a bentley manual but i cant find anything about re-calibration of the sensor !

Sorry i cant help you anymore,

Good luck and keep us informed

ok i see, mine dosn't move atoll from 50c thats two that i have tryed, when i went to fit the sensor the first time though the connector had been cut off and it was just the 2 wires showing i think a previous owner obviously had a problem with it and just decided to do away with it altogether, ill have a look at the wires though

cheers