poll250

Poll250s VR Turbo

Did a bit of work on the car last week: Changed the oil for some Synta 10-40W, I was told by VW that they are phasing out the 10-40W soon and will only stock 5-40W or something along those lines?

Also replaced the top mounts as I'd been having a bit of strange feedback through the wheel for a while. They were 4 years/40,000 miles old so I'd imagine well past their best. Took about 20 mins per side and didn't even have to remove the wheels, Nice easy job :)

Next job is to check the gearbox oil level, and get the wheels refurbed.

5-40 is fine in any VAG V6 but as Graeme said, I'd be using a Fuchs Titan-S (previously Silkolene Pro S) 10W/50 in a VRT

Excellent build thread Andy, very inspiring. I see what you mean about the trials and tribulations! Credit to you for sticking with it and would be a shame to see it go...

M.

Whoops! This turned up on my driveway last week :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65133[/ATTACH]

Since getting the M3, the VRT has been a bit neglected. I've left it on my parents driveway for the last 7 weeks and now the MOT and Tax have run out!

Listening to Matts 4x4 VRT has made me really miss mine, so I'm going to sort the split CV boot and get it MOT/Tax'd over the next couple of weeks and get back out in it :)

LOVELY! How are you finding the M3? It's a car I've seriously considered a few times now they've dropped to affordable levels but was always concerned about the potentially ruinous running costs..

Since getting the M3, the VRT has been a bit neglected. I've left it on my parents driveway for the last 7 weeks and now the MOT and Tax have run out!

Listening to Matts 4x4 VRT has made me really miss mine, so I'm going to sort the split CV boot and get it MOT/Tax'd over the next couple of weeks and get back out in it :)

Do it :)

The VRT should be back on the roads within the next week or two :) Gave it a good wash at the end of last week.

Had a bit of a nightmare last week: 3 punctures on my road bike, and 1 on the M3.

So, the tyre pressure warning light came on, luckily I was a couple of hundred meters from a garage so drove it there really slowly, not wanting to use the tyre foam in my boot, as I'd heard stories of garages subsequently refusing to repair tyres.

Turns out even 10m on a 19-265-30 tyre can ruin it- so that's a 3 month old tyre, a handy £240 out the window :(

Performance car ownership is never cheap!

To cheer up the post, here are a couple of photos from a Euro Trip I did in August:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70186[/ATTACH]

So a little update at last, with possibly two of the most annoying, fiddly, soul destroying jobs to do on a Corrado- no wonder I put them off for so long..

I've needed to replace the O/S driveshaft for a while as the boot had split and through horrible CV grease everywhere. The oil feed for the turbo runs very near the CV boot so I think that over time the continued heating cycles had dried it out. I've wrapped it now so it won't happen again.

Secondly, I swapped my Crank Position Sensor. As you may know it's located at the front of the block, by the oil cooler, and located by a little 5mm allen key. Space is super limited and you can get a 1/4 turn at a time on an allen key. Found it very difficult to get back in - there's a little plastic spacer that goes into the block first, and because access is tight I really struggled (see other thread re: this!)

Edited by poll250

Things are moving along nicely with getting the VRT back on the road:

-CPS sensor replaced and car sounds much stronger on start up, so happy that worked out ok.

-I've finally gotten a new ABS light, and also bought two new ABS sensors for the front. Should be nice and easy to swap out.

-I've had a hot start relay kit that I've been meaning to fit for a while, actually took the time to look at fitting it the other day and it all seems nice and easy- I'll be sure to take some photos of it as it could be of use to a lot of you.

-Still looking for a late drivers Fog + Indicator- if anyone has some, let me know :)

Once that little lot's been done I'm going to look at refurbing the wheels, then it's tax/test time :)

The VRT started for the first time in a while today :)

I thought I had an alarm problem, but it turned out to be a flat battery, and it fired up first go once charged.

I've had an offer for a quick, easy sale and I'm now stuck between two options- selling no fuss as it stands, or bringing it up to it's former glory before selling.

Hmmmm

The VRT started for the first time in a while today :)

I thought I had an alarm problem, but it turned out to be a flat battery, and it fired up first go once charged.

I've had an offer for a quick, easy sale and I'm now stuck between two options- selling no fuss as it stands, or bringing it up to it's former glory before selling.

Hmmmm

i would be itching to take it for a drive & fall back in love with it so much you keep it :D