GVK

GVK's mk2 Golf VR6 'mit GT3582R turbolader'

Been around Dubs since about '95 on and off and had my current mk2 since 2002. It was bought as a stock 16v and has evolved over the years into a track day car but still road-useable...ish :lol:

Gary

http://mk2vr6.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1602

If you're looking for 'stance' 'air' or a leather clad engine bay..... you've clicked the wrong thread!

newsigside.jpg

Engine spec

OBD2 2.8 VR6

Dougherty racing 268° camshafts

Carbonio cold air intake

De-catted

Unorthodox racing alloy flywheel

02J shifter mech and shift tower.

Raceland stainless tubular manifold 'header'

02A cable change box DPA gearset

3.68FD

Peloquin ATB diff.

mk IV R32 shift lever and cable mech.

235mm 11row oil cooler.

C2 UK NA 268 chip,de-speed limited and 7200rpm limiter.

Chassis/brakes

H&R VR6 coil overs

H&R 25/28mm anti roll bars (rear 3 way adjustable)

Wide track conversion (using Passat bits) + 32mm front... + 20mm rear (10mm spacers behind stub axles)

Poly bushes throughout.

Eibach front strut brace

Seat Ibiza Cupra 280mm brakes

DS2500pads

Braided lines

Motul RBF600 fluid

Toyo R888 195/50x15

Team Dynamics 'dtm' 7x15

Inside

DSCF3714640x480.jpg

Stripped

Safety Devices 6 point roll cage

OMP RS seat (drivers)

OMP eco seat (pax)

LUKE harnesses

MOMO steering wheel

OMP steering wheel spacer

Sparco black pedals

Quaife nylon gearknob

MkIV R32 shifter mounted on tunnel

OBD-II-shop ECU data interface. [thanks to CrazyDave for the build of that!]

WhentogetaVR6swap.jpg

Donor Passat VR6 StationWagen 0BDII £500 ukp

barge05.jpg

barge02.jpg

Some progress pics.

vrmk201.jpg

vrmk214.jpg

vrmk202.jpg

vrmk203.jpg

vrmk210.jpg

T8L_0120.jpg

Thanks to Jochen at http://www.frozenspeed.com

Splashing around Castle Combe

combe190408002640x480.jpg

Full beam ! [0 o o 0]

fullbeammwsportfoto.jpg

GTI International 2008.

inters08002640x480.jpg

inters08004640x480.jpg

ring2008bvf098.jpg

GTI Inters 02

ronal5.jpg

..... it was a tidy car before I started ****ing about with it!

gvk_9196640x480.jpg

Mallory park 2004 running Michelin clio cup full slicks.

gvk_combe640x480.jpg

Castle Combe action day report in Golf+ 2004

randomcarpics051640x480.jpg

randomcarpics049640x480.jpg

jasper008640x480.jpg

4719_87353274817_642449817_1943921_4638365_n.jpg

newomp640x480.jpg

sundayfaff006640x480.jpg

By chance bumping into Bill Brockbank (Badger5) this morning...

Had the car on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road (Recognised as the most accurate dynos in the industry) today at http://www.ajecracing.co.uk near Cheltenham.

Figures were 205.2hp which I'm pleased with

Everyone agreed it sounded nice too!

ajecvr6.jpg

ajec2.jpg

Videos @ http://www.youtube.com/user/GVKmotorsport and on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/user645578

2000ish miles round (and round) trip to 'ring on R888 semi-slicks including 30ish laps of the Nordschleife.

ring2008bvf075640x480-1.jpg

20080713touri0101.jpg

_DSC5323-1.jpg

CopyofIMG_2454.jpg

T8L_0119-1-1.jpg

Short video from Silverstone South

http://www.vimeo.com/4539866

Howling through Brunchenn at the Nordschleife

[youtube:v7yalv01]IdVVk5Z1VvM[/youtube:v7yalv01]

I got lost on Bedford GT and had some wild oversteer fun! :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

[youtube:v7yalv01]SotmWRAcAiw[/youtube:v7yalv01]

Subaru goes straight on at Coppice, Donington park.

[youtube:v7yalv01]TBBY_n4eKQ0[/youtube:v7yalv01]

Tankslappers.com?

[youtube:v7yalv01]UW8oTO5jn1s[/youtube:v7yalv01]

Santa pod 1/4mile 14.3@96mph [on par with the new Focus RS 0-60 5.9 1/4 14.5]

[youtube:v7yalv01]kWZowpiQDV4[/youtube:v7yalv01]

Future plans...are to add forced induction, going to pick up the parts as they appear..no rush!

I'm not interested in forum-bragging 'power figures',looking to run a T3 based turbo, C2 UK OBD2 42# software,440s...

running at conservative boost for transmission reliability ~300hp will be enough to give it a power-weight ratio of a GT3 :nuts:

great thread with some champion video there mate :clap: love it!!

Which coilies are they?

Carbonio induction noise is the best!!

Cheers...Currently H&R VR6 Corrado fitment coil overs 400lb front springs 280lb rear

Has had FKs and Koni T/A in the past.

Great car and some really enjoyable videos... can't understand why the Scooby just wouldn't get out of your way considering you were all over him in the corners. I guess putting some major pressure on him was the best way to force him into a mistake :)

i like the head shaking at the scooby :lol:

looks like a good track machine.

Absolutely wicked car, definately my cup of tea, I love track stuff

Good result on the quarter, I've got 236bhp going through R888's and the best I've managed is 14.5, your's must be a right rocket

I know it's a no no but have you managed to time any laps around the northloop? Interested to see what you get round in

Awesome track weapon, think i remember it form when i used to be on the mk2vr6 forum, Love the vids specially at donny

That was what i bought my rado for in the begining,but then i got carried away with paintwork etc etc etc really nicely sorted mk2 mate by the looks of it :clap: :clap:

I know it's a no no but have you managed to time any laps around the northloop? Interested to see what you get round in

Only lap I've timed was 9:06 with the VR6, unfortunately we got held up from Karrusell to Mini-Karrusell by an MV Agusta bike. Pretty confident the car could do 8:35, as my friend Nigel (light blue mk2 in the Silverstone vid) has done that in his mk2. http://www.vimeo.com/6446868 8:33 BTG

Nigel's mk2 = mk2 16v ABF running K-jet, 4.2 FD Peloquin diff, Spax coil overs, Toyo R888 or Kumho V70A or Dunlop Direzza R tyres (he gets through a lot of tyres)

He's done over 700 laps, that's where his speed comes from...I have done circa. 250lap of the 'ring and learn more and more each time I go. :grin: Edit : Nigel has done 940 laps to be exact..

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Tom, the mk2 weighs 1135kg with me in it. Much lighter than a 'rado.

I do like this car. Function over form, as it should be. Some hairy moments there as well. How do you find the dished wheel compared to the flat one?

Only lap I've timed was 9:06 with the VR6, unfortunately we got held up from Karrusell to Mini-Karrusell by an MV Agusta bike. Pretty confident the car could do 8:35, as my friend Nigel (light blue mk2 in the Silverstone vid) has done that in his mk2. http://www.vimeo.com/6446868 8:33 BTG

Nigel's mk2 = mk2 16v ABF running K-jet, 4.2 FD Peloquin diff, Spax coil overs, Toyo R888 or Kumho V70A or Dunlop Direzza R tyres (he gets through a lot of tyres)

He's done over 700 laps, that's where his speed comes from...I have done circa. 250lap of the 'ring and learn more and more each time I go

That's some very very impressive times, best part of 1000 laps between you, I'm guessing that's thanks to an annual pass or thats one hell of an expensive hobby :)

Shame about the bike on the hot lap, funny how they have a habit of getting in the way, don't think they expect to be so much slower then the cars when they get there and all too often the let pride get in the way of just putting the indicator on :brickwall:

Tom, the mk2 weighs 1135kg with me in it. Much lighter than a 'rado.

That's gotta help a lot, looks like you're getting good traction too from the vid, I just couldn't get my R888's warm enough

Cool vids though, love the Lotus Cortina at Donnie

I do like this car. Function over form, as it should be. Some hairy moments there as well. How do you find the dished wheel compared to the flat one?

Remember Francois Delocour driving the 306 maxi kit car? A bit like that :grin:

I prefer the dished one, it's a bit of a reach for the stalks though :lol:

That's some very very impressive times, best part of 1000 laps between you, I'm guessing that's thanks to an annual pass or thats one hell of an expensive hobby :)

Nige has an annual pass and has the whole summer holidays there, he camps with his family :cuckoo:

My laps have been from sporadic visits since year 2000, we've taken the girlfriend' old mk4 R32 over a couple of times,which was a bit of luxury (air con,music etc) after the mk2 :lol:

PICT0036_PR.jpg

Totally opposite was a trip in this thing in 2006, stripped mk1 2.0 16v with plexiglass windows, no trim at all.... earplugs required :nuts:

finch640x480.jpg

2006_0819clubgtiringtrip20060004_sm.jpg

My 2nd lap driving his mk1

[youtube:1lukx5ei]Fa8mEtMo_VQ[/youtube:1lukx5ei]

Ian doing an 8:51

[youtube:1lukx5ei]COdjeiww0I0[/youtube:1lukx5ei]

Owner emigrated to Aus sadly, but he did an 8:51 in the mk1, going very very well.

Really enjoyed compiling this thread, it's made me realize some good times have been had, having perfectly legal fun, driving cars.... hard!

Await a flaming but I read on here and SO many other forums about folk spending THOUSANDS on their cars and the only thing of note they do is "overtake an M3 on the Axx, or "See the look on an Evo drivers face"

:wave:

cool car mate. i saw it at that oxford show at the football stadium a few years ago. you doing any track days this year?

im a mk2 golf man myself :ignore: the corrado is for the daily hack, the golf is for fun!

heres mine at brands

img3374rn3.jpg

Cheers, what's the spec of your mk2?

First outing this year is @ Rockingham in March. :grin:

i wont bore you with the whole spec :lol: its got an abf and is widetracked, coilovered, arb'ed etc last time i weighed it it was 918kg. Have got it in pieces at the moment stitching the shell and am hoping for closer to 900kg when i put it back together :rambo:

Dont you just love the number of old VW's that are still pounding around the tracks in Europe. Do Vaux or Ford have the same thing?

i wont bore you with the whole spec :lol: its got an abf and is widetracked, coilovered, arb'ed etc :rambo:

Link to a build thread then perhaps? :grin: