Sign in to follow this  
jazzdevil

Jetta Coupe to debut at Detroit

Saw this on worldcarfans over the weekend and now it's been mentioned on PH too... someone on the PH forum described it (obviously in remarkable error) as potentially the 'new Corrado', but if you're not sure about the new Scirocco but like the Audi A5, you'll probably like the look of this:

2548420.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110011123910/vw-new-compact-coupe-concept-unveiled-for-detroit-debut

"A new Corrado"

:epicfail:

Does look like a nice cheap alternative to an A5 though, If they slapped the R36 in it then that would be pretty cool

I prefer this to the Scirrocco - still not sure it will get me out of my TT. Had considered an A5 in the past but it's the size of a whale.

"A new Corrado"

:epicfail:

Does look like a nice cheap alternative to an A5 though, If they slapped the R36 in it then that would be pretty cool

That was my first thought, the back end looks like an A5.

I like it!

Looks great, but isn't it for the American market only as they don't get the Scirocco? Would be a shame :(

Apparently so... proposal is South American build for the US market since they don't get to Rocco over there.

Since first post some more info has crept into view:

It's powered by a 1.4-litre TSI motor with 148bhp and 162lb fit of torque, coupled with a 27bhp electric motor supported by the latest lithium ion battery technology.

Top speed is said to be 141mph, while 62mph arrives from a standing start in 8.6secs. CO2 emissions are a decidedly impressive (and UK road tax busting 98g/km).

1286541.jpg

I dont realy like it

Doesnt stand out enough and looks like most new cars.

I would rather the new Rocco over this.

I dont realy like it

Doesnt stand out enough and looks like most new cars.

I would rather the new Rocco over this.

Agree, it looks ok but a bit too bland. Competing against the likes of the BM 3 series coupe, its going to have to be good.

Not bad looking but i agree with the bland comments, its just a bit too generic looking. If you took the badge off it would be anyones guess.

I have to say that I think i'd have this over a Scirocco as well.

Have to admit I'd agree... first impression better than when I saw the motorshow IROC.

Must be getting old :wink:

looks alright to me, audi for cheaper. but i am a cheap skate

bonnet the only thing that lets its looks down for me. clean lines apart from that.

when you look at some of the garbage other manufacturers are pushing out the door nowadays, i dont think this is a bad effort.

I think that the rather ugly dash has shades of Corrado about it: especially the centre console with the way it is tilted towards the driver, the cubby hole and vent styling. I prefer this over the scirocco at first look and would have one if the put a 2l tfsi lump in it, and sell my organs for one if the put an r36 in it, which the won't because Vw are seemingly keen to keep those engines away from the smaller cars these days. Arsenschaften!

Nice looking car; agree it does look like the A5. While getting the Corrado MOT'd i was leafing through old Auto Express magazines and saw this coupe, which i thought IMO looked very very nice; shame about the badge though :grin:

Is that the new Celica? Very nice indeed...

That Jetta Coupe doesn't float my boat I'm afraid. Just looks like an ordinary BMW or the Citroen C5 to me. Prefer the Rocco, especially the R. Also prefer the Passat CC, especially with the 3.6.

Saw this on worldcarfans over the weekend and now it's been mentioned on PH too... someone on the PH forum described it (obviously in remarkable error) as potentially the 'new Corrado', but if you're not sure about the new Scirocco but like the Audi A5, you'll probably like the look of this:

2548420.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110011123910/vw-new-compact-coupe-concept-unveiled-for-detroit-debut

:?