Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

fitting sideskirts

just bought myself some reiger venus side skirts,and im just wondering if anyones got any tips on fitting them,as the instuctions are in german as usuall :? :D

i'm not sure if its the same stuff bally is on about...but the paint place i normally go to has stuff called 'silkaflex'....or black silicone mastic.

Its used to bond windscreens and i used to to put the sideskirts on my old polo.

VERY STRONG!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...ONLY USE A BIT HERE AND THERE...JUST A FEW DOTS WILL HOLD THEM ON.

obviously use masking tape to hold them in place, and it takes around 12hrs to set.

Its a rubbery sorta glue...so when the chassis flex's, your skirts should remain fine.

the place i go to is: Autopaint international.

They've got branches everywhere....just take a look in yellow pages and find spray paint dealers for cars...they do trade and public deals. Should cost around £6-8 per gun.

Sanj.

yea.. i think i know what your talking about. when i got my new grill fitted the guy used some of that stuff. holds really well.

when do we get to see a pic of your car with the skirts on?

not fitted yet but just put them up to the car to see what they look like,bit to cold at the moment,for the glue to go off

the only major problem im going to have,you can see in the pics that ive got 2 jacks,i use the vw one to jack the car up just enough to get the trolley jack under the car :x ...anyone know if anyone sell a low profile trolley jack?? :?

the only major problem im going to have,you can see in the pics that ive got 2 jacks,i use the vw one to jack the car up just enough to get the trolley jack under the car :x ...anyone know if anyone sell a low profile trolley jack?? :?

LOL i got the same problem with the jack :lol:

Have you considered nailing them on??? :twisted:

rofl

as for Jack, same problem with mine today, although the mechanic always carries two bits of wood in his van, drive onto them, then slip the jack under, far quicker than jacking up with the VW jack, then using the trolley.