floppyman

Angel Eyes fail mot

hi there

ive got in.pro angel eyes and it failed mot due to the position lights being diferent color (blue).

ive asked the guys at in.pro and they have never heard of anyone having this problem... is it only me?

i can make them white by replacing the leds for white ones... but i just wanted to know if any one else in the uk have had a problem like this...

if any one could shed some light would be great... Thanks

yes if you changed the led's to blue then they would def fail....or are you saying they came like that from inpro?

if so that is a bit wierd..... unfortunatly change the bulbs re mot then disscuss with inpro.......unless is states show use only or something gay

yes they did come blue from in.pro.

ive been talking to in.pro and they keep saying "Its TUV approved" "The law states that lighting has to achive certain lighting worths and this has to be certified with homologation documents. And that's exactly what we do.

You cannot change LEDs or complete parking light rings without loosing the homologation."

but then again TUV in the uk doesnt mean anything.

does any one has angel eyes from in.pro and didnt come with blue light>?

i bought mine from venom had nothin but hassle with em ,i paid more for right hand drive they were pointin to the left so had to sort that didnt know at the time so it failed n had to pay for retest :( ,mine were the right bulbs though n have seen a few cars with the blue tinge to em

You could try changing the bulbs. But mine went through with some HID look bulbs in, and the ring bit is kinda blue I guess. So it could just be down to the tester.

ive bought mine from venom as well... yes they are all for left hand drive but (at least mine) you can swap the projectors so it works for right and drive. the bulbs i have are normal ones.. the problem is the rings wich are leds and light blue... i always use the same place for mots they are really friendly.

already ordered some white leds and ill just solder them.

thanks alot for the help :D :D

At first I bought a set of in pro angel eyes, which came in white positioning light. I cracked one so I got a replacement inpro headlight from egay, which came in blue light :pukeright:

After 1 year driving my car with one headlight's positioning light of each colour, I swapped the rings from the white (cracked one) to the blue and everything is fine now.

The rings have 2 leds each, so it is 2 leds per headlight. They are easy enough to take apart, shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes :grin:

Sod messing about, just take either borrow some headlights of a fellow C owner for the retest, or take it to a different tester and bung them a drink

Sod messing about, just take either borrow some headlights of a fellow C owner for the retest, or take it to a different tester and bung them a drink

well.... :scratch: i do have the original head lights... but i already have 6 penalty points in my drivers license and a 5 years caution... dont want to mess around much more... i like to have my car road legal, ill just change the leds.

its strange why in.pro started doing the headlights with blue leds.

i will let you know how it comes up.

thanks for all your help