Sign in to follow this  
revilo

green g60, had it ages, thought it time to share.

Im always casting my eye over the forum to learn as much as possible about corrados because im not mechanically minded at all, so bare with me! but love my C to pieces.

got my g60 earlier on in the summer after having a white 16v c and then an oak green mk2 16v.

Its still as i got it pretty much, iv only played around with the ice in it, new tyres, tracking, etc just to get it right from the the get go.

this is however proving to be a pain in the arse because as im learning that having a G60 is as awesome as it gets its also a huge money pit!

The good news is that my living arangements will be changing soon,making it able for me to have more cash on the hip! so ill eventually be able to get my C to where i want it to be.

this is how it looks at the moment

or would be if it didnt tell me that the file im trying to attach is 'invalid,'

any help? :brickwall:

i know theyre pics in the snow, but whenever i get the wax out it pisses it down! currently deliberating as to which wheels i want. really like borbet A's, but also a huge fan of bbs split rims.

looks good mate. i kno wqhat you mean about the weather being against ya lol. i dont think ive properly washed the car for about 5 months because when its been my day off its pissed it down!

My old car mate! Broke the oak green and bought a mk3 VR6. How you getting on with it? Those all red rear lights I had on it were mint! Came out perfect! Hope you got good money for them lol. By the way, i've got the manual and service book for it still, you want them?

Great example, spent loads on it, lots of new bits. Not sure that the fuelling problem is, had a new genuine lambda and CO potentiometer in the two years I had it, possibly injector wiring?

Its going well, amazingly, theyre the same lights that were on it, they may have faded?! i havnt changed them though. How did you tint them? i took it to jabba sport soon after i got it and had a new lambda sensor on it because they thought it wasnt right, i wasnt convinced that they were right, but they know a lot more about g60's than me, so let them and it still isnt fuelling right, only getting 200 miles to a tank just going to work and back. smells very rich. the manual and service book would be good, spose you havnt really got any use for them now?! how long did you keep the oak green for before breaking it? You enjoying the VR?

I had them on for a about 6 months and they still looked great, can't believe they're the same one's! I used some red light spray together with green indicator bulbs. It was the correct lambda according to ETKA, so I went by that. I'd check the injector wiring harness, bit of a classic G60 prob and then the ECU, seem to remember if the harness goes it messes up the injector driver in the ECU. Only found the books the other day, must have completly slipped my mind, PM me your address and i'll get them in the post. The VR6's sound and drive lovely, really miss having a Corrado tho, it's true they properly get under your skin! I reckon the next logical step has to be a VR6 Corrado probably in blackberry. Saying that though the VR6 Golf's getting a few tasty bits (312mm brakes, mk4 rears, braided hoses.....) Can't remember how long I had the Golf GTI, must have only drove it for a couple of months, got good money breaking it though, still got bits of it around now!

Well hello!you from peterborough then?dont see many C's around here.looked on the map of where the nearest ones are the other day.its sparse around here!