Sign in to follow this  
Bullfinch

Contacting first owner.....

I went ahead with a weird New Year's resolution today, namely to send a letter plus photo of car to the first registered owner who owned my C for the first 10 years. I'm the 3rd owner so don't know him. Now this can go one of 3 ways - 1) He'll ignore it, 2) He'll get in touch and offer to buy the C back (I'll say no unless he wants to offer what he paid back in 1995 :norty: ), 3) He'll drop an e-mail to say thanks. Place your bets now! Anyone else ever done this and what was the result?

haha this is a pretty cool idea if i was the guy id be happy and deffo get in touch

i bet he emails you, but i dont think he'll want to buy it bak as i bet hes moved on to r8s now haha

I think he'll get in touch, firstly because it's a nice gesture, and secondly I think that being a Corrado owner gets in your blood, once you've had one, you'll always wish you hadn't got rid of it, whether you got it new or 2nd hand :)

id write back or email as it would be cool to know the car is still going 8)

all depends on the guy though....

I contacted the first owner of my car as it was registered to a business address - I just fancied knowing if it was a posh company car at the time.

Got an email back from him saying that he loved the car, was pleased to know that it was still on the road and only sold it because he's a slight fellow and found the ride a bit hard as time went on.

I'd like to speak to the one previous owner of my VR to find out what the hell he did to it, and why he bought it new and ran it into the ground! :lol:

I'd like to speak to the one previous owner of my VR to find out what the hell he did to it, and why he bought it new and ran it into the ground! :lol:

you should drop him a line mate :D

I can't find them. I have an address and name, but can't find them in the phone book. Would love to know why the engine was swapped, and what they replaced it with.

I reckon he will get in touch.

After all the original owner of mine tracked me down! LOL :grin:

Cant imagine you ever forget and regret buying a Corrado. Regret selling maybe..

I rekon he wil at least get in contact to say thanks, and if he is minted a london banker say or chris evans he may make an offer i rekon it hard foir anyone to let go of a c once theyve owned one and the chance may be to tempting lol.

You might make him/her smile, but I doubt you'll get a response.

I must admit if I got a letter like that after 10 years (and you're kinda assuming they still live at the same address as when they sold the car) I would feel a little weirded out

I must admit if I got a letter like that after 10 years (and you're kinda assuming they still live at the same address as when they sold the car) I would feel a little weirded out

Yeah you could sit there wondering if they're going to turn up at your house one day :lol:

Yeah you could sit there wondering if they're going to turn up at your house one day :lol:

Indeed.

[doorbell rings]

[Driver] "Look I've brought your old Corrado back to see you after 10 years. Look how I've restored it & how clean it is"

[Householder] "What the f**k? I hated that car! Why are you here? Are you on drugs or something? I'm calling the Police you weirdo! Get away from my family house!"

(etc, etc, etc)

Indeed.

[doorbell rings]

[Driver] "Look I've brought your old Corrado back to see you after 10 years. Look how I've restored it & how clean it is"

[Householder] "What the f**k? I hated that car! Why are you here? Are you on drugs or something? I'm calling the Police you weirdo! Get away from my family house!"

(etc, etc, etc)

haha i'm not sure why, but i had benny hill music playing in my head as I read that scene! :lol: :cuckoo:

I think i imagined the old owner chasing the new owner!

It would be interesting to see what the original owners were like though!

Indeed.

[doorbell rings]

(etc, etc, etc)

:lol: :lol: fantastic!

Yeh it depends on the person who bought it!

I for one would love to see how my old motor has progressed, if at all! So Im gonna say yeh, he'll respond! Whether it by nice courteous email or restraining order!! :lol:

Probably should check the dialogue system first to see how many times it broke down for the first owner - nearly every VR6 history I have looked at has several breakdowns / trips back to the dealer for warranty work.

Nice idea though - depends on the person, might be really pleased to hear it's still around!

go for it..... i'd be pleased to know one of my motors was still knocking around.... not too pleased to find someone rolled it .... once a corroado owner.... it's alway in the blood.

chap will respond....

I'm the present and only owner of mine.... so know all the history

id write back or email as it would be cool to know the car is still going 8)

all depends on the guy though....

If the new owner of your classic got in touch we could give him 2 for the price of 1!! :D