captainredeye

Why why why my Engine!

It ain't pretty but at least I can drive it, going to start saving the penny's and keep an eye out for a dragon green wing and door

No progress with the wing but have replaced the abs pump and fitted mk4 callipers on the rear, have also hit 600 miles and pushed the engine up to 4k revs and I'm quite impressed by how it pulls, there is a hill on my way home from work and in fifth gear it used to trundle along now it just keeps accelerating.

Right then, seemed to have discovered the car wouldn't start due to faulty crank sensors which have now been replaced twice as a new one was faulty.

I have also had the head off again as there was a lot of oil being burnt and also I was getting poor fuel economy, on inspection it turns out the valve guides I had replaced were not replaced ( yes I be rather annoyed)and these had a lot of play in them meaning the valves were not seating properly as you could tell from the pitting an the poor job done on the lapping.

so at a guess the head was leaking oil and the valves were not closing properly so we weren't getting a decent burn,bi have the head back now and hopefully it will be back in on Sunday.

Oh and two months ago a drive shaft bearing case broke leaving me stranded, all fixed now but this car is testing me