Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Cost of new sunroof motor and ease of fitting?

Hi guys,

I've managed to close my sunroof manually with the handy VW provided allen-key under the interior light...however, I need to replace the motor as I'm assuming its knackered. :?

Replacing the motor doesn't look too hard, but I was wondering if anyone has ever done it and if its a nightmare to do.

Cheers.

theres a good thread just below thats called "taking the sun roof apart" you might find that useful :)

actually, reading your initial post again, I'd check it's the motor and not the mechanism, it may well have stopped working becasue somethings bust or out of alignment in the mechanism and the motor is OK. If this is the case it's a headlining out job :(

Can you operate the roof correctly both tilt and slide, with the allen key in the motor?

Changing sunroof motor is a real doddle... Just DO make sure both motor and roof are in same "position"... Most likely make sure in closed position or it can get a bit fiddly.

Changing sunroof motor is a real doddle... Just DO make sure both motor and roof are in same "position"... Most likely make sure in closed position or it can get a bit fiddly.

Like I said in post 3 :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes... Just reiterating the point...

Changing sunroof motor is a real doddle...

like I said in post 2 :lol:

the motor 'parks' in a certain position for open/tilted/closed, so the roof needs to be in the matching position.

the motor 'parks' in a certain position for open/tilted/closed, so the roof needs to be in the matching position.

Indeed... A very valid point this. In fact I'd go as far as to say it could make the task "fiddly" if the motor and sunroof are in different positions...

and pray tell how do you know if the motor and actual sunroof are both in the parked position,mine IIRC since Ive replaced the headling and sunroof cassette seem to be out of sorts in that the motor will only open so much and close so much without assistance from the allen key

btw I take it the OP knows to replace the allen key cover when trying to use the switch,otherwise it does seem like the motor is kaputt if you fail to remember to do it

I take it the OP knows to replace the allen key cover when trying to use the switch,otherwise it does seem like the motor is kaputt if you fail to remember to do it

I nearly found out the hard way when i replaced my sunroof (wanted total closure and my early was knackered) and couldn't for the life of me work out why it wouldn't work anymore....until i closed the hex-key socket cover...

:epicfail:

actually, reading your initial post again, I'd check it's the motor and not the mechanism, it may well have stopped working becasue somethings bust or out of alignment in the mechanism and the motor is OK. If this is the case it's a headlining out job :(

Can you operate the roof correctly both tilt and slide, with the allen key in the motor?

Yeah, I can use the allen key to make the sunroof slide and tilt easily enough, so I'm guessing its something to do with the motor in that case?

and pray tell how do you know if the motor and actual sunroof are both in the parked position

Allen key the roof to the closed position, remove the motor from the sunroof assembly keeping it electrically plugged in, press the close button til the motor stops and then refit it. Should all be sync-ed 8)

Anyone know if all the Bosch Mk3 Golf motors sold on eBay will fit a 1995 Corrado?

i have a sunroof motor from a 94 model. £20 posted

let me know

mitch.