twofourten

Inpro Issues...

do you know i cant really remember i think you unscrew the adjusters and they come out and there is no way of doing it with out taking the light holder pannel out

Not being ungrateful ... but that doesn't help me much!! I can't get the light holder panel out, but hopefully I wont have to if the lever is in the right position already ... can you tell me if it is looking at the pics I posted? ... The adjuster I removed from my old lights doesn't even fit in the inpros properly!! I can't see anyway around this and I'm getting desperate, I have no lights for my car so soon i will not be able to drive it, so I don't know how I'll get to work and shit ... nightmare. If you could PM your number it would be much appreciated, you pay £200 for a pair of headlights, you expect to be able to fit them straight out of the box!!!

I didn't find a switch on mine?

There are 3 tabs holding the reflector in place within the box, simply use a flat head screw driver to press against the tab on each and gentle pull the reflector out the front as below:

IMG_2739v1.jpg[/attachment:38v4uymg]

I then fitted mine with new headlight adjustors that i bought from Arz Tuning (my local VW Dealer is CR*P) see here - http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/advanced_ ... &x=64&y=11 and then put them back together. Park about 6 feet away from a wall next to your friends car and correct the beam so yours matches theirs as near as possible and job done...

wheres the best place to get this uprated loom from? got inpros at the moment but i'm not really a fan. and the guy who had the car before me made a rotten job of the wiring and the full beam doesnt work. so im givin up on them and goin for hids in standard lights.

so im givin up on them and goin for hids in standard lights.

Not a good idea mate. Its all to do with the beam pattern on the lenses. That will throw the HID light in all directions and into the oncoming traffic.

i'm not worried about the oncomming traffic as long as i can see. jokes. did u say that the uprated loom makes the standard lights brighter. still need to get a loom as mines been butchered. where would i get 1?

wheres the best place to get this uprated loom from? got inpros at the moment but i'm not really a fan. and the guy who had the car before me made a rotten job of the wiring and the full beam doesnt work. so im givin up on them and goin for hids in standard lights.

I got my loom from here - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/1989corradog6 ... X:SELLERID - comes with instructions, job done... :clap:

I didn't find a switch on mine?

There are 3 tabs holding the reflector in place within the box, simply use a flat head screw driver to press against the tab on each and gentle pull the reflector out the front as below:

IMG_2739v1.jpg[/attachment:1gf87hj1]

I then fitted mine with new headlight adjustors that i bought from Arz Tuning (my local VW Dealer is CR*P) see here - http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/advanced_ ... &x=64&y=11 and then put them back together. Park about 6 feet away from a wall next to your friends car and correct the beam so yours matches theirs as near as possible and job done...

Cheers for your help, the problem is soon to be sorted ... I thought I was retarded not being able to take them apart, I got them unclipped but they wouldn't budge. So I contacted the place I got them, the guy said to me he was waiting on another batch so he could take them apart himself to see what the problem was ... turns out, he couldn't remove it either, he thinks they have been glued in ... So I'm just gonna buy them in right hand drive, save myself the effort!!

They look like standard lights you have there though twofourten?

also ... I have actually bought those same adjusters from that very site ... ready for when my right hand drive in pros to arrive!! ... do you have to take the lights apart to fit these adjusters?

Hurray!

I think I just found the adjusters on ArzTuning website - http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/product_i ... rrado.html

:clap:

I'm pretty sure that the InPro's I'm selling already have these things attached to them.

ANYWAY! Someone give me the part number and I'll ask at my local GERMAN dealership. The parts are made about 200km away from where I live!Peace.

You're selling a pair? ... What colour are they? ... How much do you want for em? ...

Too late dude, I'm packing them as we speak for another chap.

Hello Lee and everyone else.

Steve here from inprolights.co.uk

I have managed to convert a pair of the black headlights into right hand drive. It was actually very easy in the end. Actually it was the set you returned to me Lee. I received them back this morning. Upon checking them, as I do with all lights, for any transport damages, I noticed that on one headlight unit the internals weren't securely clipped into place, not a problem. This actually encouraged me to be brave and take a closer look at them.

I have put together a bit of a guide, with some images, of what is required to access the slide mechanism to make the adjustment. I have uploaded it to my webspace and the direct link is www.inprolights.co.uk/corrado_lhd-rhd.pdf

I will email you now as well Lee to see what you want to do.

All the best

Steve

www.inprolights.co.uk

You're selling a pair? ... What colour are they? ... How much do you want for em? ...

Too late dude, I'm packing them as we speak for another chap.

Good job you are after reading Steve's post!! :lol:

Great news, I've replied to you via email.

Can anyone else open this link? Think it might be dead Steve :shrug:

Just have to be patient ... It pops up after 20 seconds or so ...

Steve here from inprolights.co.uk

I have put together a bit of a guide, with some images, of what is required to access the slide mechanism to make the adjustment. I have uploaded it to my webspace and the direct link is http://www.inprolights.co.uk/corrado_lhd-rhd.pdf

http://www.inprolights.co.uk

I thank you Steve, the guide is great, very good job and good to know you care enough to do it and get in touch - Cheers... :clap:

I emailed inpro and they said "In Germany the car was fitted with an original VW electric adjuster" and that if I could get this it will fit their lights and resolve the matter" so then i emailed my local VAG Dealer and they said "that headlight adjusters for your car are now obsolete & part number is not listed any longer."

The incompetence of some dealers never ceases to amaze me. Not only are the manual adjusters still available (as you discovered on ARZ tuning), but any parts guy worth his salt will also have told you that the electric adjustment motors are also still available, which are common part with some MK4s and other newer VWs. Even the interior headlight level adjuster panel for Corrados is still available! It's about £50 mind! But if you want to spec up your Corrado :norty:

I bought the adjuster for mine as people kept flashing me when I had a load weight in the boot, but I haven't got round to wiring it all in yet.

I emailed inpro and they said "In Germany the car was fitted with an original VW electric adjuster" and that if I could get this it will fit their lights and resolve the matter" so then i emailed my local VAG Dealer and they said "that headlight adjusters for your car are now obsolete & part number is not listed any longer."

" electric adjustment motors are also still available, which are common part with some MK4s and other newer VWs. Even the interior headlight level adjuster panel for Corrados is still available! It's about £50 mind! But if you want to spec up your Corrado "

Good work kevhaywire, can you tell where you got hold of your motor adjustment from please?