Sign in to follow this  
vardo

Back to Black

aint been on for a while and have done sweet FA to any of my cars ,so time to get back into the swing of things.

decided last week to start something before my vr gets work underway(try somethings to see if i will carry them over),jennas old 16v has been sitting a year now doing nowt so some tlc,MOT and some mods will have this back to the road.(to think we were gonna break it but its just too good).

got the rear nearside quarter painted as paint had cracked in various places,most of the rest of the bodywork is sound so a good polish should suffice.

parts sitting to fit;

new n/s headlamp

refurbed black 17" 5 spoke alloys

new battery

debadged grill

grill spoiler

lowered suspension

and smoked laminex for the lights

the car in question

004-1.jpg

009-4.jpg

hopefully lots of mods done in the next few weeks!!!

joey modded the headlamps on friday

032-1.jpg

035.jpg

and got a few more things done today,

stripped the fogs and indicators as they were full of green slime and then used the light tint film,and built them back together

012-7.jpg

013-6.jpg

front end ready to fit ,including grill spoiler painted today :D

018-2.jpg

and finished refurbing the last alloy( black chrome effect)

019-3.jpg

ooh, this ones exciting! (Because the C in your sig looks awesome, but the one in the first pic looks seriously tatty) :)

good work, like tints, did you get from laminx?

also, just started refurbing a set of wheels, plan to paint gun metal/ dark gray similar to yours, what paint did you use there? and any tips? :D

cheerz for the comments :)

aide,yeah laminx,and as for the wheels ,always use solvent as its more durable,you can get anthracite from any paint supplier,and a few nice coats of laquer on top for depth of shine,oh and preparation is the key

before

009-5.jpg

well fitted all the front end parts on today,not happy with the fogs and indicators,they need to be darker,but will do for now

014-2.jpg

cheers for the solvent tip, your prep looks good, did your wheels have much kerb damage? what did you use as filler if so, am thinking a silicone based filler may be easier than crumbly isopon?

agree with you on the fogs, could do with being darker but looks better than standard for sure, think i'll go light on the heads and darker on the fog/ indis

cheerz aide,those alloys were wrecked,i just spent a long time on the prep,i always use chemical metal for deeper gouges( a tube goes a long way) and ive never had any probs with it ,i use it 2 or 3 times a week on alloys.

im defo gonna order some gunsmoke tint for the fogs and indicators,

got gunsmoke and redid the lower lamps much happier :D ,painted the 16v black too and fitted it,new reg plates ordered

004-8.jpg

finally the new reg plate for the front arrived after being lost in the post and new scrpt badge for my vr though :)

038.jpg

LAMIN_X i used quik delivery and great stuff,check out the website lots of colours available

Looks great Vardo...Hope you are happy with the service received :salute:

Neil.