Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Calling everyone in the North and Scotland - Join us

Cant wait now been doing the rear brakes this evening ready for the big trip :lol: just gotta whack the front ones on tomorrow evening now ! i like doing brakes i do :grin:

Really looking forward to it and all the walkie talkie fun :lol:

Make sure the camera is ready to go. Im suppose to be getting the bits for my car by the end of next week so if I get a full weekend to work on it I might still make the Thr.

Even though we're only a few days away from the start of the trip this weekend, we are hoping to be able to get online & check the threads here & on the CCGB website so please if you do want to meet up please keep posting.

Alternatively you can also call me (John) on 07977-501128 if you need information or to ask about where we are or where to meet up. I have a car phone so it won't be illegal!

I can tell you that we're all looking forward to the trip tremendously, and to meeting as many of you guys from North of the border as possible.

Cheers

John

This is what I've got but obviously depends on if we get lost!!!

Friday 18th June

A90 Over Bridge (ha ha , just realised that means 'we go over the bridge' and it's not the name of a place :lol: )

A92 Glenrothes

A92 Inverkeithing

A90 Edinburgh

A902/A8/A720

A68 Dalkeith

A68 Jedburgh

B6357 Keilder

Nice boring fact for you, every railway bridge in the country is numbered except the Forth rail bridge. Its simply known as "the bridge".

This is what I've got but obviously depends on if we get lost!!!

Friday 18th June

A90 Over Bridge (ha ha , just realised that means 'we go over the bridge' and it's not the name of a place :lol: )

A92 Glenrothes

A92 Inverkeithing

A90 Edinburgh

A902/A8/A720

A68 Dalkeith

A68 Jedburgh

B6357 Keilder

Thanks. Yes, you will be crossing the Tay Bridge then the Forth Bridge.

I am about 10 miles west of Forth Road Bridge (south) and A90, so will try and catch you at one of your halts before you run down A720 (Edinburgh city bypass) on way to A68 and south, all being well.

Perhaps I can pm my phone number to someone that can phone me when group is, say, an hour or so from good halt/meal break?

Yeah all good pm the number to myself and Wendy if you don't mind. She's the organiser, but I have a handsfree :o)

If you can put your name (rather than your forum handle) on the PM too that will help me know who you are loads please

Braemar we are at the Callater Lodge Guest House, Glenshee Road

Dundee we are at Aberlaw Guest House, Broughty Ferry Road, (A930 near the A92 Greendykes :shock: rd junction)

Dundee we are at Aberlaw Guest House, Broughty Ferry Road, (A930 near the A92 Greendykes :shock: rd junction)

you will enjoy the roads there. there awesome. scenery is amazing also

you will enjoy the roads there. there awesome. scenery is amazing also

Good, I think that is the general idea of the trip.

Though as the only passenger I might be able to enjoy myself a little more each evening than the drivers are able to :lol:

:drinking:

My mother (91) lived in Greendykes Road until a few weeks ago, when she moved down here with us.

No need to get excited about the word dyke - it is merely a wall built of stones, eg drystane dyke. :camp:

Weather is on the mend now. The visibility and clarity of the air in Northern Britain in cool air in June is amazing. Hope you will be impressed!

Hi all,

Well I am nearly ready for our departure on Friday.

The Karman folder is now full - routes, accomodation, places to visit, plus back up accomodation if required by anyone.

We have stickers for the cars - all in the Scottish theme !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see we have a few more joining the trip.

I note that Lilfuzzer and jimmyvwjunkie and both indicating they may be interested in joining us the last weekend.

Is that Friday through to Sunday.

So you know, the accomodation in Keilder is a Self Catered Cottage - albeit we have it catered !!

So we may be able to provide accomodation if it is required.

I think apart from Windermere, we have Corrado folk meeting us every day.

I have contact telephone numbers for Coullstar and craigowl, can all the rest please pm me mobile telephone numbers.please

WE have a laptop with us and Internet access at most of the places we stay, so hopefully nothing or no-one will be missed.

Really excited now - I hope you guys up North have organised some good dry weather.

Look forward to catching up with everyone.

Wendy

Have a great time Wendy. Drive sensibly!

;)

Have a great time Wendy. Drive sensibly!

;)

Jim - as if !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Would I really do anything else ??? !!!

Shame you can't join us.

Wendy

I am excited too... but I've got anther wedding to go on to the Friday before this.

What is it with weddings this year :cuckoo:

Anyway, map bought, route maps and hotel street maps printed. 'What to do websites' checked out. Even a few bits packed.

Kip is looking forward to his magical mystery tour as he hasn't a clue where we are going. He's not looked at anything and is relying on having a navigator :lol:

Do you have a set route for the Thr? Just thinking its not that far if you go straight from Braemar to Blair then Dundee. I could take you through Kirriemuir (my home town) where JM Barrie was born (& Bon Scott) then Glamis Castle is only 5 miles on from there. Is ts not hugely exciting but it would fill the day a bit more.

Thursday is -

Braemar A93 to Blairgowrie A923 to Dundee

So quite a short driving day

Points of Interest noted so far -

Glamis Castle - I noted this was 12 miles North of Dundee

In Dundee

Captain Scott's Ship - this closes at 5pm and 2 hours are recommended for the tour - I particularly want to go visit this.

Mills Observatory - this closes at 5pm and does not open until 11am on the Friday - not so important aas there are other observatories elsewhere en route.

So, yes, I don't see why it is not possible to take you up on your offer.

We both have contact numbers, so lets chat nearer to the time

Wendy

im joining you all from friday through till sunday. fairly excited as my first corrado meet. now ive arrange some nice sunshine :norty:

Brilliant - look forward to meeting you for the last part of our tour.

Please pm me your telephone number. Thanks

Wendy

Do you have a set route for the Thr? Just thinking its not that far if you go straight from Braemar to Blair then Dundee. I could take you through Kirriemuir (my home town) where JM Barrie was born (& Bon Scott) then Glamis Castle is only 5 miles on from there. Is ts not hugely exciting but it would fill the day a bit more.

My great-grandfather went to school with JM Barrie in Kirriemuir.

Pic shows him (right) in Sunday best - not how he usually dressed. He worked in jute mill in Dundee. When he retired as a gaffer, he moved to Blairgowrie, bought raspberry field and worked on that.

Victorian industry and its consequent wealth made my home town - Dundee - a city with one of the greatest number of millionaires in the UK at one time. (Flax/Jute/shipbuilding/whaling). Big decline after that as technology moved on and stemmed the demand for these products. Gets bad press, but I love it and its environs.

Kip is looking forward to his magical mystery tour as he hasn't a clue where we are going. He's not looked at anything and is relying on having a navigator :lol:

So how is that different to any other day? LOL.

Seriously hope you guys don't get too wasted given you're at two weddings on consecutive days! Look forward to seeing you on Sunday :)

John

Sign in to follow this