Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Calling everyone in the North and Scotland - Join us

Only got the one wedding John on friday, but staying over as it's down cheltenham way then drive up saturday back to ours then will set off to meet you guys on the sunday :wave:

Only got the one wedding John on friday, but staying over as it's down cheltenham way then drive up saturday back to ours then will set off to meet you guys on the sunday :wave:

Where abouts "down Cheltenham way" Kip as that is our neck of the woods?

Ian.

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Its at the Cheltenham park Hotel, Cirencester road GL53 8EA.

You know it at all?

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Its at the Cheltenham park Hotel, Cirencester road GL53 8EA.

You know it at all?

Have driven past it but never been in, certainly looks good from the outside - Probably a couple of miles out from Cheltenham Centre.

There was a write up in the local rag a while ago about it's restaurant having a big money makeover as well.

I'm sure you will enjoy it, are you staying the night as well?

Ian.

Butterfly here.. on Kips log in.

Yep we are staying over.

I know the hotel and where it is as I used to live in Cheltenham. The wedding is of a friend of mine from when I lived down south.

Really looking forward to it but it will be wierd seeing some other old friends that I've not kept in contact with.

Hi I know is a bit late in the day but there is a show on Saturday and Sunday at Newcastle race course

http://www.mightydubfest.co.uk/

I will be there Saturday as need to meets some friends. May be worth a look from the squad if you want to £5 day ticket

I will join you all on Sunday morning.

Sunday 13th. - Probably worst wet weather of trip today. Wet forenoon - brighter afternoon but some heavy showers.

Animate rain areas on here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... radar.html

From tomorrow (Monday 14th) looks good, particularly first days of week. :cheers:

More cloud at times later in week in Scotland N and W, but atmospheric pressure high (anticyclonic) so should be mostly dry, at a guess. Enjoy it!

Regards

Iain

Met up with Wendy,John and Chris today at Kames.........and then with Kip and Judith later on at their very modest accomodation :lol: .........I have to say myself and Lyndsey(my other half) had a great day , really nice people and it was a pleasure to be in your company........and after the track we got to go for a wee drive from Muirkirk to Darvel, with me following Wendy(Lewis Hamilton) :cuckoo: :lol: :clap: .

Also as an extra when we arrived at Kames we found out that there was a Corrado competing, which was a real bonus :D .......It was great to meet you too Lindy........also known as lindy33 on here :salute: .........I do have a video of you going round the track mate but not sure how to put it up????.....youtube i guess, I'll look into that one..........a couple of pics anyway, poor quality though as i forgot my camera and had to use my phone :D

lol - Wendy meets someone for the first time and they already pick up on here driving "style" ;)

Glad everyone's got there ok and it's all going well. Wish I was there! :(

Hi all,

Been a bit quiet on here I know but the access to wi-fi hasn't been quite what we were led to believe so getting online hasn't been easy. But tonight we've made it as far as Inverness without any mishaps.

We're doing a write up which will eventually appear in the Sprinter and we're hoping to host up the best of the literally hundreds of photos we've taken on the CCGB website after we return.

But in short we've had a blinding time so far, all sunburnt and having a great time.

If you're in Scotland and available to meet us in the Braemar area tomorrow evening, Dundee on Thursday or Kielder on Friday evening please give me a call - my number is further up the thread

Cheers,

John (Corozin), Wendy, Chris, Kip & Judith :D

Right just got back home again after meeting up with the folks on the road trip yesterday afternoon.

Took them out on some of the more colourful local roads and I think they all enjoyed it, good to catch up with you all.

Brilliant to meet up with some fellow Corrado owners without having to drive 1000 miles and spend £150 on fuel.

Unfortunately I failed to turn my mini video camera on so I don't have any rolling footage but here are some shots from places we were driving through.

For future reference we travelled from Forres down on the A940, turned off onto the B9007, left at Duthil onto the A938 then onto the A95 until Grantown on Spey and right onto the A939 to Tomintoul.

Nice would like to have joined you up there ain't been in Scotland for long time..too long.

Glad it all seems to be going well. Good weather and scenery thrown in 8)

Like the stickers - all honorary Scots I see :)

Enjoy the rest of the trip

Well I met up with the troops today. Was a good day and Im sure all enjoyed the roads, it was wierd looking in the mirror to be followed by another 4 Corrado's. Weather was stunning and good company. I left them walking round the "ship thing" in Dundee and headed home. Got a nasty present when when almost home though :( .

Some pics of today. Not many as I was too busy driving.

Got a nasty present when when almost home though :(

:confused4: what was that? car looks really good in those pics..

I also met up with the Traveling Group this evening. Very nice to final get to meet some actual members (and the chairman no less :camp: )

Caught up with Wendy and the gang at about 6:30pm at their Guest house and then went off for dinner in a lovely little Pub called "the ship". Spoke of previous travels and learned that corozin missed the Glasgow kiss of his life. Oh well, never mind John, there's still a few days left! See you all at BVF!! :clap:

2010.jpg[/attachment:ksuupuuw]

Hi all,

Well the end of the adventure is in sight as we've now crossed back across the border into England and we're crashing out in Kielder forest tonight. Earlier today we left Dundee and met up with Craigowl by the Forth Bridge and enjoyed another tremendous day of driving on the twisty stuff all the way down through Hawick and into Kielder.

Big thanks to Craigowl & Mrs Craigowl for not giving up on meeting us as both groups accidentally sat in the wrong car park waiting for the others for an hour with no mobile phone contact available. We were treated to cold drinks when we did finally meet up (many thanks Iain!) and had a great time in the sun.

We'll be exploring Kielder Forest a bit tomorrow, but there's still opportunity for any of you folks up in the North East to meet the gang on Sunday when we'll be at Croft circuit in North Yorkshire for the British Touring Car round. There's no mobile signal available where we are here today but if you want to meet on Sunday please text my number up the thread and we'll arrange to meet

Cheers

The Scottish Rovers (Chris, Wendy, Butterfly, Kip & John)

Hi just thought I'd shout great day meeting up with the guys good fun on the way even though it was short journey.

Silly me forgot my camera so no pics from me. :brickwall:

Looking forward to meeting up again at BVF

Hi Everyone,

What a trip, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The last 10 days felt more like a month.

I Just wanted to say Thank you to everyone who joined the trip in full or in part.

It was good to meet up with some of our more Northern members.

Shame some of you could not make it at the last moment.

Hopefully your shoulder is repairing - JimmyVWJunkie.

We had super weather, great accomodation and some excellent driving.

For those of you who are wondering 'Where were the daily posts of the trip', we have been keeping a daily journal which after much editing

will appear in the Sprinter. Some of the others will hopefully be downloading some photographs before then though, if not on here, on the Club Forum.

I would, but somewhere along the trip I mislaid my Camera :(

Where next year then ????????????

What a trip, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The last 10 days felt more like a month.

Does tend to feel like that after a few days spent with 2cc....... ;) (only joking Chris!!)

For those of you who are wondering 'Where were the daily posts of the trip', we have been keeping a daily journal which after much editing

will appear in the Sprinter.

Wonderful. THANKYOU! :)

Does tend to feel like that after a few days spent with 2cc....... ;) (only joking Chris!!)

We called him Mr Grumpy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, well I did !!!!

And he so wasn't, we all had our moments of putting the world to rights and complaining about the youth of today :lol:

Sign in to follow this