Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

Hehehe, no no, of course you dont know what I mean :tongue:

Ya know, I never thought I'd hear you say that you'd rather someone else did it, but fair do's.

My problem isn't that I would complain of the cold or broken spine or frozen plums, my problem is I wouldn't have a clue what the f00k to do :lol:

I've gone for the racelogic and LSD option with my Stealth stage 1+, so once finished (hopefully May 1st!), I'll let you all know whether extra cash can buy extra grip in the wet!

I've gone for the racelogic and LSD option with my Stealth stage 1+, so once finished (hopefully May 1st!), I'll let you all know whether extra cash can buy extra grip in the wet!

Good work! Will be interesting to see when it's done, hope they get yours done so I can get mine in! I have the May slot just having the turbo for now :(

Still lookin forward to it tho :D

Yours was on the ramp while i was there! nice car and i will be interested to hear about you test!!

damn wish i had the pennies for a turbo you guys are guna be havin some proper fun this summer :)

Cheers RSGNTX!

Gave it a good polish before dropping it off with Vince. It's hard to describe how excited I am, frustrated as well, as the recent sunny weather has made me think of all that 'grip' that I'm missing out on! Mind you I'm still waiting on AFR & Boost gauges from AEM in the states, gauge pods and a nice shiny gloss black set of ProRace 3's! I heard from Vince today that gearbox rebuild and Quaife are now complete! Just a turbo, racelogic and fabricated exhaust to go!

I can hardly contain my excitment. Received a teasing mail from Vince yesterday, showing me the results of his mapping of my VR6 Turbo Stage 1 + (with Aquamist). Can't wait to collect it on Saturday!

:eek: 8)

Jesus H.... clear the roads... that thing is going to be lethal!!

I can hardly contain my excitment. Received a teasing mail from Vince yesterday, showing me the results of his mapping of my VR6 Turbo Stage 1 + (with Aquamist). Can't wait to collect it on Saturday!

Gee-whiz - 425 and a nice fat curve - that's healthy!

Did Vince send you the torque curve too? Any chance of a gander?

Holy schmoly, what boot pressure is that with? Have they got the traction control fitted and running yet? Thinking about it and a map session as well for mine.

If stage 1 if 425Bhp WTF is Stage 2? :shock:

What boost was that running at? You may want to turn it down for various reasons including staying alive :lol:

Boost pressure was 14psi, with Aquamist.

Vince and I tried the Race logic when the car was in it's 'clutch running in' map state (so approx 200bhp) and it seemed to work a treat. Very unobtrusive, didn't know it was doing much...until we turned it off!

I have gone for the Launch Control option as well. The first time we 'primed' the system and set the launch revs, we couldn't resist a giggle at the ferocious banging and firing coming from the exhaust, as the revs were capped at 4000rpm but unburnt fuel exploded through my turbo to keep it spinning - officer dibble would certainly want a word if he caught me using it in public - which he won't, cause I've got 425bhp! (only joking - play safe!)

I'll give you all a full run down on Sunday, assumming I make it through the weekend!

No, I'm not the first. A chap with a very clean MKIII Golf has had one already. I think I'm the first 'Stage 1+' though. I believe Vince has 4 more in the queue.

aha..

just noticed your sig says Pro Race 3s. what size are they and any chance of a pic on the car? maybe in a different thread perhaps though..

Amazing results :shock:

You have to be so pleased, not going to do Vince's chances of future sales any harm at all with figures like that.

We really need some video of this conversion putting up and testing the launch control :nuts:

Wheels are still on the floor at Stealth at the minute. Nice Gloss black 7x17 Et35. Will take some shots on Saturday. Wanted something subtle, light weight but strong.

With with regards the video of Race Logic, I might be taking it for a shake down at Bruntingthorpe soon (I get access via my job), so will get someone to video a launch!

I might be taking it for a shake down at Bruntingthorpe soon (I get access via my job)

ah, alright for some! do you get guest passes?!

The first time we 'primed' the system and set the launch revs, we couldn't resist a giggle at the ferocious banging and firing coming from the exhaust, as the revs were capped at 4000rpm but unburnt fuel exploded through my turbo to keep it spinning - officer dibble would certainly want a word if he caught me using it in public - which he won't, cause I've got 425bhp! (only joking - play safe!)

I'll give you all a full run down on Sunday, assumming I make it through the weekend!

The little kid in me is saying I have to have that!!!!!! but like this

The first time we 'primed' the system and set the launch revs, we couldn't resist a giggle at the ferocious banging and firing coming from the exhaust, as the revs were capped at 4000rpm but unburnt fuel exploded through my turbo to keep it spinning - officer dibble would certainly want a word if he caught me using it in public - which he won't, cause I've got 425bhp! (only joking - play safe!)

The little kid in me is saying I have to have that!!!!!! but like this

Ha ha ha anti lag is bloody brilliant :lol: . REALLY not good for your turbo though!

edited to add: Just been thinking about this and obviously jumped to conclusions (mainly as coming from Evo background) obviously cant be a true WRC style anti lag, must be a step 2 launch control. And I dont know what effect this has on your turbo! :grin: Perhaps Vince could comment on wether it has any detrimental affects?

That is going to be one mean machine everyone form a queue for a shotgun ride in it :D

I'm after you Jon!

Say Greg - going to DG's barbecue on saturday?