Sign in to follow this  
dragon green

Drive in Heated seat fitting-DONE

Had my seats converted to heated today,it took two and a half hours !!

The owner (Stef) stripped my seats,and fitted the carbonfibre heating elements,while

his Auto electrician fitted the wiring and loom ! I kept myself busy,asking stoopid questions :cuckoo:

The drivers seat works on the switch,the passenger seat has a pressure sensor,so only works when someone is seated and the switch is on!

Id like to say what a friendly and proffesional outfit they are,check out their website

http://www.heated-seats.co.uk/fitting.htm

I took a few pics so you can see whats involvedpassat climatronic wiring diags.pdfpic fone 7 169.jpg[/attachment:1z3lj3i7]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfpic fone 7 170.jpg[/attachment:1z3lj3i7]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfpic fone 7 171.jpg[/attachment:1z3lj3i7]pic fone 7 172.jpg[/attachment:1z3lj3i7]

The switch is illuminated,goes from 0-5, i know its not as nice as the original corrado one,but it works !

Tested it on the way home,PHEW !!

I had the two front seats done,the loom is there in case i want the rears done aswell !

When you add up the price of the original switch,loom and relays and now obsolete seat elements,its a viable option.

Your seats dont have to be leather to be heated.

If anyones interested,mention my write-up on this forum,he said he would give a good deal !

I'd never even considered this as an option before, thanks for the write-up. Definitely worth considering if the winters are going to be as cold as this one.

Very nice, particuarly if someone wants heated cloth rather than leather!

How much was it?

Worth getting a proper switch to finish it off!

Fitted price was £550, or you can buy the kit for £200 !

Watching them fitting it, the electrics looked easy.But i didnt feel confident doing the leather !

Theres many on here who could easily fit their kit themselves.

I'am more a spanner man

Out of curiousity has anyone thought about something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WAECO-HEATED-SEAT-KIT-RETRO-FIT-KIT-FOR-2-SEATS_W0QQitemZ370268385846QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5635b73236

Its still a heated seat kit however its 100% DIY but a lot cheaper, ok so it doesnt have the nice original switch but im sure that something can be modded to accept the switch or something similar. There are plenty of people on here who would be capable of this and i might even give it a go myself...

Edit: Found this and although it isnt a corrado he did use a kit made by WAECO http://forums.5series.net/topic/65745-diy-heated-seat-pad-fitting/

What are anyones thoughts?