Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Uprated bulbs: Phillps Vs Osram, opinions required.

Today I fitted some standard LHD headlights that I managed to aquire.

All I need to do is uprate the awful standard headlights so I can see where I'm going at night :wink:

Has anyone used either of these in H4? I have used the Phillips bulbs in H7, but they were also in my InPro style headlights that I'm now selling.

I'm also considering buying an uprated headlight loom and I assume this will also help.

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=111

PHILLIPS X-TREME POWER

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=43

Cheers.

Check out some PIAA bulbs, bit pricey but will out shine both the Osram & Phillips bulds

Never heard of PIAA. Whats the score with them?! Guess I'm going to have to do a bit of geekin' on Google!

Extreme +80% H4s and Nightbreaker +90% H3s, award winners in Autotest at the time.

Very pleased, have an old upgraded loom and recently fitted Lamin-X in the Optic Blue flavour which really whitens the light output further 8) 8) 8)

I fitted the Phillips X-Tremes and they are very, very good. Its a bright white piercing light - would definitely recommend. After fitting them I had to adjust my lights downwards as I was getting flashed by oncomming traffic.

My main beams now seem yellow in colour compared.

Before I buy the bulbs (from powerbulbs btw), I just want to make sure that I'm buying the right shiz.

2 x packs of H4 Phillips X-Treme = 4 x bulbs in total. So both the main beam and dipped beam(sidelights) bulbs are H4?

Cheers :?

No you need H3's and H4's - H4 are the main bulb and H3 are the inner ones (same as the fogs use)

I'm using X-treme's for my H4's and they are the best bulbs i've tried yet!

apparently the best ones we have had in a while are the Ring Xenon Max which are now a 100% brighter bukb! havent tried em yet like. i have the phillips xtreme lol

The best bulbs I've used to date are the 100W Rally bulbs from Phillips, but with 4 of them on (main beams) they pull ~30 amps, which is quite noticable at low rpms from the strain on the Alternator, especially if it's the weedy 70amp one. An uprated loom is also a must.

There is also the small matter of them not being approved for road use either.

They are a LOT brighter than all these NightBreakers and things though.

I used the osram silverstars which where significantly better than the originals, nice white light instead of yellow.

I then switched to the nightbreakers which again where significantly "whiter" next to the silverstars....... i do however find the beam is a bit narrow, as in it doesn't light the verges like some others but they're definitely bright!