Sign in to follow this  
n8047035

spoiler is knackered?

Hello all,

Im new to this forum and although i've had my C for just over a year, ive not done anything to it yet. Its been running sweet since ive had it, but now a few problems have emerged.

Firstly, my spoiler doesnt work-either automatically or manually

Secondly, and idea where to get a cheap rubber seal for the bottom of outside of the passenger windo. The dealer quoted me £44 plus VAT

Thirdly, and most concerning, is that sometimes i go to pull away from junction and the car just crawls and nearly dies. What could be up with that?

Hope you guys can help

Um - probably a dumb suggestion - but would it be the fuse for the spoiler? Otherwise I've heard somewhere on here that if you've changed the stereo then there's a wire for the auto volume control (used by the original unit) if this has been conected to the new one it can cause the spoiler to stop working although I have a feeling that this only stops the auto function and the spoiler can still be opperated from the switch..

Sorry if this is no help - but it's a start :wink:

Check your ht leads they may be breaking down. Mine was doing the same thing and its been fine since i

changed them. try a breakers yard for the window seal and if you do find one,

be carefull removing it cos they bend easily.

cheers guys,

will have a look in the next few days.

Oh, one more problem. My passenger door wont open from the outside. It does from inside so mechansim is working. How do i resolve problem?

wat fuse number is the spoiler? ive lost the cover and so cant find out which fuse will need to be replaced to try and sort my knackered spoiler

As for the fuse number, I'd have a search for spoiler AND fuse and see what you get. It's been covered a few times before, so there should be something of use to you in there.

The door handles are notorious for breaking, but luckily there's a whole big long thread on what to do about it here - http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5631 it is mainly about using the far cheaper Passat handles of similar vintage instead of genuine C ones, but it does cover pretty much everything you need to know.

If you are going to replace your door handle, if you could take pictures as you do so that would be great to add to the how-to secition :D

Good luck!

jus looked throught the threads and found a list of fuses and what they for-only problem was there were two that had rear spoiler next to them. Can someone please clarify which ones are for the rear spoiler pls

Hey guys,

Ive checked all my fuses and they all in tact, but the spoiler still not working (manually or automatic). Press the switch and can hear a 'wirring' noise as if its tring to activate spoiler, but no joy. Next option please

inside the boot there's a cover on the boot lid... remove this and you'll find the spoiler (and rear wiper) mechanisms...

Disconnect the wiring for the spoiler motor and check for voltage while someone else plays with the spoiler button with the ignition on... That'll prove if it's a wiring fault or if your mechanism is at fault... 8)

finally got round to checking out the spoiler mechanism, and discovered that there was a loose bit of tubing :cry: (quite narrow, and white'ish in colour with a black plastic attachment at the end and obviously meant to be filled with something). Anyway, the black plastic attachment clearly attached to the back of the motor mechanism but had snapped away from it. Does this mean that i need an entirely new mechanism or can the black plastic tip simply be replaced and then re plugged back into the back.

I hope this makes sense. I will hopefully take a couple of pictures after lunch.

ok people,here come the pictures. Hopefully you guys can help me out with getting the spoiler sorted. I would like to feel how my corrado feels at speed with a spoiler again please.

does your rear washer work? I'm pretty certain that that's the pipe for the washer jet! :?

Yup that is definately the washer pipe in the pic. It looks like the plastic washer pipe has snapped. The plastic elbow that joins the rubber pipe actualy runs all the way through the wiper mechanism as one piece. It is a narrow plastic tube about 3.5 inches long and should just pull out of the mechanism (ideally with the elbow still attached :cry: ), although when I removed mine the entire mechanism was off the car. Either a bit of glue or a trip to the scrappie should fix it. Alternatively it would be a good excuse to delete the rear wiper altogether for that smooth rear end look.

FYI if the spoiler fuse is blown then your rev counter won't work as they are on the same fuse, or were on my 16v Corrado.

if that's the washer pipe, then I'd bet that your spoiler mechanism has rusted up 'cos it's had water pumped onto it instead of onto the rear window... :|

thanks for the replies guys. Im totally gutted, my pride and joys seems to be falling to bits in front of my eye, if only i had the money/know how to repair it all. Will check the mechanism etc tommorrow now, but any body know how much a new one will cost roughly?

My car is a G60, and the rev counter is still wroking. Checked all the fuses the other day and they were all in tact. Where can i get that bit of tubing (3.5" long) to fit back into the mechanism?

Try your caring, sharing stealers, i've changed mine in the past but i can't remember the damage to the wallet! or get one from a scrapyard. the fun is in setting the jet up, it rotates with the wiper arm so can squirt everywhere!! :lol: