RadoVirgin

My first Vr6

Hi guys, I picked up my first VR6 at the weekend and i'm chuffed! All I have to do now is put my own mark on it. You may have seen it for sale on the forum

0c91ca41.jpg

23257a0b.jpg

a76aaade.jpg

I'm still undecided exactly what I want to do but I think the first step is to downsize the 18's that are on it, think I'm going to go 17x8's all round

Wow 18's! Have the arches been rolled? Coz it looks pretty low too!

Seen this on the forum recently, the center of the rims have been colour-coded?

Looks nice and clean tho mate, good work and good luck! How did u enjoy the drive back? :nuts:

I was grinning from ear to ear on the way home, it sounds awesome!!! Full milltek system with a dubpower manifold and decat is the stuff dreams are made of!!

and yes the arches are rolled

sounds good mate and congrats on a good purchase (if youve seen the 8v v's 16v you tube cartoon) you are now classed as not poor :lol:

blimey 18's must have been a bumpy ride with lots of tyre rubbing !

so what is your plans then to make your mark (i would paint the inpros black as personally i think its looks far better on darker corrado's) but im a litlle biased when it comes to inpros as not meny like em but i do :D so what wheels are you gonna go for ?? i saw a set of rh zw1's which look really nice on the corrado and a set of black bbs rc's which i love (as i have em) or are you gonna go scene and get a set of min 8 inches wide and silly streached tyres and make it look oem+ :lol:

will be interesting to know your plans

good luck and welcome to the forum

Yeah I really like the ZW1's but i've always been a bid fan of keskins, I have a set of kt5's on my 16v but I might go for 17x8 kt1's all round with 205/40r17s stretched over them so I can sit nice and low and not have to worry about scrubbage.

Get those bloody awful lights off :lol: ,

They look gash!.

ZW1's will be nice if you get em!.

Looking forward to what you do to this but try the old headlights, is the old uprated headlight loom still there?, she was the only Corrado ive owned that i never felt the need to do anything else to the headlights, my present VR is shocking by comparison that ive bought H4 Bi Zenons for it!

Hi all I'm putting up an update to see what people think. I've been saving up yo get rid of the horrible 18's that were on my vr6 when I got it. I hope the new wheels are an improvement.

bd0a18a4.jpg

da71f530.jpg

Yeah thats what I thought, I already have an advert in the wanted section asking if there is anyone with one in good condition who'd like to exchange

Thats better fella 8)

Just needs the lights sorting next but all imho of course!.

looking great compared to how it used to thats for sure.

Cheers Pete.

looks a very nice c :) have to agree with gettin rid of the lights though, each to his own though, i bought some for mine ,had them on less than two months n thought i dont like these !.went back to original with uprated headloom .

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I hadn't considered painting the surrounds of the headlights black. I think that might look good! I'll have to look for a pic of the black version of my lights

Yes they are mate, they are the 17x8 with 5 mm spacers all round so they are et30.

Look beautiful mate, considering there 1/4 of the price of the real deal they don't look much different :D

Short term plans are to get the car mechanically sound. I have to sort the wooly steering, so I'm changing the ball joints tomorrow! Aswell as an oil change an lower the car about 20mm all round.

Long term plan is to save enough money to put an r32 engine in just to give some reliable power.

Well it's been 6 months since my last update and I thought I'd put some pics of the VR lately. I've basically spet my time de-chavving the car and repairing thing to keep her in tip top condition. So far I have removed:

1. Ghastly M3 Style aerial

2. Storm Single Wiper Conversion

3. Angel eye style headlights

In the past few months ive fitted various wear and tear parts:

1. Lamba Sensor (Due to finding the wire damaged, which explained why the engine used to run like a pig in the rain)

2. Ball Joints

3. Track rods and ends

4. Catalytic converter for just 2 weeks when the MOT was due.

5. Full service including filters and plugs

IMG_0942.jpg

blackandwhirw.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Well this is where Im at as of today but i'm on easter leave for a couple of weeks so i'm planning to strip off the konigsport coilovers and try and free up the collars next week as I'd like to be sitting just a little lower

Well I'm truely ****ed off, I've managed to strip off the coilovers from the car finally as I wanted to free up the collars but disaster has struck.

5f3e9245.jpg

e8528aea.jpg

I'm hoping that I can refurb these so if anyone knows how please let me know. Ive contacted venom motorsport in order try and source some new collars but they are £12 each and i'd like to replace all 8 of them. The cost isn't an issue but venom say that they'll take 2-3 weeks to get them which I can't really keep the car on the ramp until they turn up and i'm not sure I'm happy with refitting them in this state.

34c105de.jpg

You're starting to turn that into a very nice looking VR..dont spend money to put that suspension back on the car unless you have to...it will only niggle at you knowing that it is rubbish and you will end up replacing it anyway. Save and get something decent, (KW V1/2s for example) and if in the mean time you need something to tie you over you can pick up second hang springs and shocks very cheap these days..i sold my old standard set-up for £40.

Cheers steve and I agree with you, i'm eyeing up a set of weitec tx's at the moment that have a done about 1000 miles which should be a drastic improvement, I might clean up the fk's and see if I can get anything for them by replacing that ring as they are fully adjustable and could do somebody for a track day car etc. Gona have to sell my PS3 etc to fund the new suspension.